No announcement yet.

Lift done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheer's, Did'nt bother with bushes or owt, every thing i took off was good for a 16 odd year old vehicle, did wonder about the ball joint/rubbers but after a clean up they were like new, the panard rod i did myself, just chopped it in half and found a short piece of thick walled steel tube that was a perfect fit inside the rod, bolted each end back on and measured the gap, wacked the rod in and kept trying it till it was right then welded it, this was done with the wheels on the deck (normal unladened ) long as you use the alloy spring seats you'll be ok, they fit perfectly with them on,

Are you fitting the ball joint spacers? if so and depending on the size of em you may have to grind out some of the upper wishbone, the bit underneath, you'll see when ya offer the spacer up there, thats the only bit i did'nt like doing, you'll love the difference tho certainly improves the "stance" only prob is i nearly put my back out getting my leg up there and i did head butt the roof console hauling myself up, hurt like a sonovabitch, right on the soft bit on top (my head)
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

excelent, thanks for the info, not fitting the ball joint spacers just yet, didnt wanna over stretch the shocks

How hard is the ride now ?
      Last edited by Antony_James; 15 December 2008, 21:50.

Comment

Very Nicely done Ian ....
        Hey ya don't fancy cleaning another set of them wheels up (mine) to look like yours like yours do !!!!
        As for ya wheels don't worry too much a bout em protruding mate, my steels used to be about the same ...

There's always a Payback .... Just don't expect any warning !!!!
        Last edited by Diezel Weazel; 15 December 2008, 22:06.
        Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by Diezel Weazel View Post
          Very Nicely done Ian ....
          Hey ya don't fancy cleaning another set of them wheels up (mine) to look like yours like yours do !!!!

There's always a Payback .... Just don't expect any warning !!!!

Cheers Jess, still looking for one as a spare for mine mate, when you gonna sort em out and fit em?

Comment

Originally posted by Antony_James View Post
            excelent, thanks for the info, not fitting the ball joint spacers just yet, didnt wanna over stretch the shocks

How hard is the ride now ?

Dunno mate, i did'nt get it any further out, the idot accross the road blocked me in, i'll know tomorrow on the way for mot tho

Comment

Working...
            X