Lift done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lift done

Finished apart from some longer rear shocks, the olduns are topped out, have to put some weight in there for now, tyres stick out a bit, and i had to set about the inner wing with a grinder and larrup several shades of $hit out the seam to get the clearance needed, i'll make up a bit of rubber to cover those gapeing holes later, i'm happy with it, what'd ya reccon? i had to remove the front and rear roof lights to get it out the garage however if i knock up the slabes i covered the deck with that'll give me an extra 2"ish more clearance then the front roof ones can go back on, i fitted the rear ones lower down on the window edgeing, these act as reversing lights, missis aint tryed it out yet so i'm expecting grief, need another air opp step, ready for mot now
    i did'nt measure it before i started but i reccon the l/c springs have taken it up over 2" certainly looks more anyway

And NO it's not for sale by parkinsons
    Attached Files
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

wow I really like ur truck....
    One day at the time I guess..

Comment

Another tremendous piece of work mate! Just beggars the question, 'What's the next mod ?'
      'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Same one !!! or is that your second lift ?

Loking good Ian, hope it has been all worth it.
        Roy
        When ya stop having fun, Ya start getting old

Comment

looks good ian,now for gods sake go get it dirty man.
          www.overfab.uk

Comment

Cheer's mateys i'm intending getting to the srtts in the new year so it'll probably see some mud on it, next mod is (apart from a possible second step)
            is a diy winch bumper if i can find some s/s, same lift Roy although i did the 2" body lift some time ago if thats wot you mean, i'm sure it's now got about 5" of lift on the back, with the 2" body lift and 31"'s on i used to have about 3"
            clearance on top of the rear lights to the cieling, those lights go about 5" from top to mounting, i've now got 2" clearance from the spoiler to the cieling

Comment

well done matey,i knew you would get there in the end bet the chavs over the road were eyeing it up when u got it out

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                well done matey,i knew you would get there in the end bet the chavs over the road were eyeing it up when u got it out
                Ah the chavs!!

Ian, your next door neighbours mrs aint bad!!!

Trucks looking great mate!!!

10/10 for perseverance!!

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                  Finished apart from some longer rear shocks, the olduns are topped out, have to put some weight in there for now, tyres stick out a bit, and i had to set about the inner wing with a grinder and larrup several shades of $hit out the seam to get the clearance needed, i'll make up a bit of rubber to cover those gapeing holes later, i'm happy with it, what'd ya reccon? i had to remove the front and rear roof lights to get it out the garage however if i knock up the slabes i covered the deck with that'll give me an extra 2"ish more clearance then the front roof ones can go back on, i fitted the rear ones lower down on the window edgeing, these act as reversing lights, missis aint tryed it out yet so i'm expecting grief, need another air opp step, ready for mot now
                  i did'nt measure it before i started but i reccon the l/c springs have taken it up over 2" certainly looks more anyway

And NO it's not for sale by parkinsons

Most excellent!
                  Is that a timber flat roof on the garage? If so why not add another course or two of blocks to raise the height.

Tech week-end in the summer?

p.s. Damn you for showing those wheels again!!

Comment

Could'nt get it out any further as the tw@t accross the road parked his banger racer low loader in the way and buggered off out, just as well it's off the road, those scroats next door Rod have gone, repossed, the place is empty and as far as i know it's up for auction, she was ok he was a real waste of white,

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                      Most excellent!
                      Is that a timber flat roof on the garage? If so why not add another course or two of blocks to raise the height.

Tech week-end in the summer?

p.s. Damn you for showing those wheels again!!
                      i did think about raiseing the roof (could lock woodzie in there for a few days) but as it's basicly one roof covering the two garages it may be a pain to do, cheers tho, once i bash up the slabs on the floor i'll have an extra 2" to play with

Comment

Oooooooooooooh i've just gone all damp!!
                        Well done matey, that looks Buckin frilliant!!
                        http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

Looking real good there Popeye

Comment

looking great mate!!

Comment

Looks brilliant mate, nice to see u got it boxed off aswell (after the messing u had)

Am gettin all excited now haha, av got near enough all the kit now to do the swap, LC springs, +2" procomps, Spring top mounts came today off Mark, just need a panhard rod now (But bob aka Hilux, the chap who sed he's gunna help me out sed his friend can make me one up ?) al have to speak to him about that i suppose,

But am gettin all giddy lookin at yours haha, looks good

ps. Do i need to buy any new bushes or anything, while am swappin a load of stuff over ? i.e. the kit off roughtrax (did u bother)

Comment

Working...
                              X