Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• noise in dash

Hello

i have a strange noise coming from what sounds like behind the middle of the dash, it only happens when i accelerate. sounds sort of rasspy. any ideas what this might be. its a 96 3rd gen.

thanks

paul

Are you sure its the dash and not the speakers? Could be the stereo picking up engine noise, which could be a earth issue not sure.
    SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

It might be easier to listen with the bonnet open and get someone else to rev the engine. Could be an exhaust (probably cat) problem, could be the turbo heatshield, could be something else.

Comment

Originally posted by paul b View Post
        Hello

i have a strange noise coming from what sounds like behind the middle of the dash, it only happens when i accelerate. sounds sort of rasspy. any ideas what this might be. its a 96 3rd gen.

thanks

paul
        had the same noise, it was a blown gasket on egr pipe that goes into manifold under the turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by caney View Post
          had the same noise, it was a blown gasket on egr pipe that goes into manifold under the turbo.
          yes i had that too
          i suppose ya could think it was in the dash tho quit easy
          it can sound that way at full revs
          am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

caney

how easy was it to fix, bearing in mind i have no idea what you just said. pictures help me a lot.

Thanks

Comment

first thing rubb along the bulk head if its leaking it will be covered in soot
              near the drivers side dude thats best place to start rubbing the bulk head
              it will be realy sooty if there is a leaking gaset aroung there

i did not fix mine my self but it did not cost alot too
              Last edited by JUDWAK; 15 December 2008, 15:54.
              am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by paul b View Post
                caney

how easy was it to fix, bearing in mind i have no idea what you just said. pictures help me a lot.

Thanks
                cant do pictures sorry, as judwalk said, plus its a 2inch pipe with a flange on it, it goes to manifold near turbo try to tighten 2 nuts if not its the gasket.

Comment

I had the same noise from the same place on mine. It ended up being the 90 degree turbo inlet pipe split underneath. Quick call to Roughtrax, bought me a new one, no more noise when accelerating, hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
                  X