Drive shaft boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drive shaft boots

Hello. Had my surf for 3 weeks now, just noticed today that both the rubber boots at the wheel ends each side, of the drive shafts are split, how long can I drive like this before I have to replace them??
    Although I still have 2 months warranty so will contact the dealer tomorrow, I did not check them when I got the car so assume they were already split, so hopefully he will fix them.
    Cheers Kevin.
    95, SSRX, TD, AUTO,

split

hiya m8 if your cv joint gaitors are split and its under the warenty get m done as soon as you can you dont want to much dirt n dust getting in there it will accelerate the wear on your cv joints so asap really m8
    black n tan
    black n tan
    yes i am a dobermann man

Comment

Originally posted by bear
      Hello. Had my surf for 3 weeks now, just noticed today that both the rubber boots at the wheel ends each side, of the drive shafts are split, how long can I drive like this before I have to replace them??
      Although I still have 2 months warranty so will contact the dealer tomorrow, I did not check them when I got the car so assume they were already split, so hopefully he will fix them.
      Cheers Kevin.
      Get them fixed ASAP. Sand and grit will be already in there wearing the CV joints away- you don't know how long they've been split either so damage may have been done already?

Nevillef

Comment

Thanks for advice, I will contact deaker first thing tommorow, just hope he does not try and pull a fast one and say that they are not covered on the warranty. When I bought the car all he said was that I have a 3 month warranty, did not say what it included so by rights I shoul be covered.
        Thanks again Kevin
        95, SSRX, TD, AUTO,

Comment

mmmmmmm

well im not sure they would be covered but if hes a decent dealer he might honour the repair did you get a new mot with the surf cos it wouldnt pass with split gators and its unusual for them both to split togeter in a month best of luck m8
          black n tan
          black n tan
          yes i am a dobermann man

Comment

Originally posted by slydog
            well im not sure they would be covered but if hes a decent dealer he might honour the repair did you get a new mot with the surf cos it wouldnt pass with split gators and its unusual for them both to split togeter in a month best of luck m8
            MOT, started in January, I got the car on the 2nd of April, probably been driving for 3 weeks with them split.
            Cheers Kevin
            95, SSRX, TD, AUTO,

Comment

Working...
            X