Clear All

• heating

can any one fix my house heating?
    its the old back boiler type
    every time i put on the heating it pops the leky off
    the copper boiler is leaking a bit the needs replaceing

so if any one on here is one of them corgi dudes
    fancy fixing it
    before i phone a corgi dude out the paper? that just likes to say combi boiler a lot

i know a few corgi dudes but they are all saying 2 weeks
    am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

hope you got deep pockets

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
      hope you got deep pockets

nope iam skint mate
      but needs are a must

Comment

ps dont use paper,ring 118

Comment

Originally posted by JUDWAK View Post
          can any one fix my house heating?
          its the old back boiler type
          every time i put on the heating it pops the leky off
          the copper boiler is leaking a bit the needs replaceing

so if any one on here is one of them corgi dudes
          fancy fixing it
          before i phone a corgi dude out the paper? that just likes to say combi boiler a lot

i know a few corgi dudes but they are all saying 2 weeks

not a pipe bender, but am a sparx. too far for me, but if you describe issue in a bit more detail, i might be able to point u in the right direction
          私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

a nice corgi guy just phoned me to say he will be out tomorrow
            to get it working
            has far has price?
            i have no idea on the cost of these things
            i allways swoped skips for this sort of thing
            no skip hire now
            what sort of loot are we talking here?

Comment

very roughly speaking. A decent and honest contractor should cost

£40 - 1st hour
              £25/hour after that
              plus material
              私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Originally posted by blackpoolsparks View Post
                very roughly speaking. A decent and honest contractor should cost

£40 - 1st hour
                £25/hour after that
                plus material
                thats fair enuff

mot on the surf next week so hopefully it wont cost the earth
                unlike the wife

Comment

Its a bit far from us too mate! Plus you'd have to wait till after march!

Back boilers are a pain in the a$$.

normally there done for. Dont be suprised if he turns up an leaves within an hour an he's slapped a condemned sticker on it!!

Comment

Hi George, as said mate need a bit more info as to whats wrong, back boilers are a real pain, for what it's worth, if you are on a disability benefiet like my wife you can apply to "warm front" (i have their no somewhere) for a heating grant, it cost ya nowt and they'll replace your existing boiler with a combi, they do take their time about 6 months in our case but as it's gratis wtf, also you can get your walls insulated under the same scheame, all part of the governments fuel efficiency programme, it's NOT charity!! it's your right,
                    worth looking into, they say they give priorty to people who have no form of heating/hot water, (6 month ) as in our case, the gas servise guy condemed ours after it set off the monoxide dectector twice, could find nowt wrong with the boiler, transco disconnected the gas to it and bent the pipe so it could'nt be used, thats when we found out it was a 6 month wait,
                    well sod being without for that long, i reformed the pipe, reconnected it and we had hot water (it was summer so no real need of heating) worked fine till they came to replace it, disconnected it the day before they arrived, give em a try!
                    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
                      Its a bit far from us too mate! Plus you'd have to wait till after march!

Back boilers are a pain in the a$$.

normally there done for. Dont be suprised if he turns up an leaves within an hour an he's slapped a condemned sticker on it!!
                      my heating system is only 7 years old i dont want it comdemned

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                        Hi George, as said mate need a bit more info as to whats wrong, back boilers are a real pain, for what it's worth, if you are on a disability benefiet like my wife you can apply to "warm front" (i have their no somewhere) for a heating grant, it cost ya nowt and they'll replace your existing boiler with a combi, they do take their time about 6 months in our case but as it's gratis wtf, also you can get your walls insulated under the same scheame, all part of the governments fuel efficiency programme, it's NOT charity!! it's your right,
                        worth looking into, they say they give priorty to people who have no form of heating/hot water, (6 month ) as in our case, the gas servise guy condemed ours after it set off the monoxide dectector twice, could find nowt wrong with the boiler, transco disconnected the gas to it and bent the pipe so it could'nt be used, thats when we found out it was a 6 month wait,
                        well sod being without for that long, i reformed the pipe, reconnected it and we had hot water (it was summer so no real need of heating) worked fine till they came to replace it, disconnected it the day before they arrived, give em a try!

thats worth a looking into mate thanks

has far has whats wrong with my heating
                        the only thing i know is
                        its a glow worm with a dijjy box on the wall for heat and hot water
                        if i turn on the heating the electricety pops off to the whole house ?
                        i wont try the hot water being useing the shower but with bad legs knees and back ......showers and me dont get on
                        i need a soak in the bath so i can move again and get some feeling back in my left leg

iam not very trusting with combi boilers hence the new back boiler system
                        and that took some finding

Comment

How did you get on?
                          私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Originally posted by blackpoolsparks View Post
                            How did you get on?
                            i did for 20 mins then it poped off again
                            its the copper tank thats got a leak
                            its now leaking faster than it was last time i looked
                            it could be the water running down on to some wires some were
                            eather way the copper tank is getting changed thursday so hopefuly it will done then

Comment

Wish you lived nearer to me as I need a skip. I am an engineer for B/Gas.
                              Couple of tips.
                              1: pull the live connection out of the pump & try turning your heating on. If your leccy stays on you need a new pump.(obviously turn power off first)
                              2:depending on the model of back boiler /firefront you have. Some fires run a permanent live for the lights. The wire passes very close to the burner & can go brittle causing promlems.
                              3:you mentioned a leak. is it running into one of the motorised valves?

Best of luck.

Comment

Working...
                              X