End of an era

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• End of an era

At approx 3.20pm yesterday a land rover discovery ploughed into my beloved Surf,extensively damaging the front end,I have just been informed that it will be written off,I'm totally gutted.I have had 5 and a half years of motoring bliss with this vehicle,now it's over.Thanks for all the help friendship and advice I have received on here over the years,haven't a clue how much I'll get from the insurance settlement,the other driver has admitted full responsibility.
    Attached Files
    Powered by ????

Sorry to hear that. I hit a corsa the other day and totaly destroyed it, not as much as a scratch on my Surf. I hope the Lame Rover is a wright off also.
    monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Gutted for you mate.

I'm not sure how practical this advise is but do you get scrap retention over the write off?

Might be worth breaking it for bits to help with your next one.

What state was the Disgusto in?
      Tequilla - breakfast of heros.

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Boots View Post
        Gutted for you mate.

I'm not sure how practical this advise is but do you get scrap retention over the write off?

Might be worth breaking it for bits to help with your next one.

What state was the Disgusto in?
        The Lame rover wasnt as badly damaged,but will probably be written off,dont know if I get scrap retention over the write off,wouldn't have anywhere where I could do the work to break it or keep the spares so it isnt an option for me to buy it back.
        Powered by ????

Comment

Ouch. I presume you're OK Rob? Looks like you got airbagged.....

Plenty of cheap ones arund when the insurance pay out.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
            Ouch. I presume you're OK Rob? Looks like you got airbagged.....

Plenty of cheap ones arund when the insurance pay out.
            I'm fine m8,thanks for asking,the gas from the airbag cannisters made me choke a bit,no whiplash pains as yet,I was stationary when it happened.
            Powered by ????

Comment

Originally posted by RobD View Post
              I was stationary when it happened.
              That would explain him taking the blame

Glad there's no real damage done.

Comment

Sorry to here about you truck mate, but glad you are OK, as Sancho says "there are lots of cheap trucks out there at the moment", now is a good time to buy, all the best.
                Roy
                When ya stop having fun, Ya start getting old

Comment

That's a shame about your truck, but it gave it's life to save yours!

There is a good selection of Surfs out there I think, hope you get a good payout from the insurance for a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
                    That would explain him taking the blame

Glad there's no real damage done.
                    Friend of mine was in a similar position last year and the insurance company of the driver to blame were falling over themselves to offer compensation, treatment and allsorts even before they settled on the car. All this was in addition to the sum agreed for the vehicle. In this day and age they will make you sign a disclaimer to avoid future claims of any effects arising as a result of your accident. You pay your premiums, make the most of ot! Glad to hear you weren't hurt...
                    That'll fit!

Comment

Sorry to hear that dude but at least your ok which is not much of a concellation when your truck is a wright off.

Comment

Sorry to hear that mate, you need to develop whiplash that way you can make the most pf your claim then get a bright shinny new truck and have spare to do mods
                        SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

That's rotten luck. Glad you're okay.

Comment

Originally posted by charvell View Post
                            Sorry to hear that mate, you need to develop whiplash that way you can make the most pf your claim then get a bright shinny new truck and have spare to do mods
                            and push youre and everyone else's renewal premium up next year
                            Landcruiser Colorado
                            Sub. Forester

Comment

I will be getting the use of a Mazda BT50 pick up(??#??!!!****) from a company called Drive Assist until things are sorted with the insurance.Thanks for all your replies.