Fabulous news!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blackpoolsparks View Post
    Thats a good point, do you think that information is available under the freedom of information act?
    No, because it'll breach their civil liberties.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Civil liberties are freedoms that protect the individual from the government. Civil liberties set limits for government so that it cannot abuse its power and interfere with the lives of its citizens.

Common civil liberties include the rights of people freedom of religion, and freedom of speech, and additionally, the right to due process, to a fair trial, to own property, and to privacy.

The formal concept of civil liberties dates back to the Magna Carta of 1215 which in turn was based on pre-existing documents.

Republics or liberals such as the United States have a Constitution, a bill of rights and similar constitutional documents that enumerate and seek to guarantee civil liberties. Other states have enacted similar laws through a variety of legal means, including signing and ratifying or otherwise giving effect to key conventions such as the European Convention on Human Rights and the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights.

It might be said that the protection of civil liberties is a key responsibility of all citizens of free states, as distinct from authoritarian states.

The existence of some claimed civil liberties is a matter of dispute, as are the extent of most civil liberties. Controversial examples include reproductive rights, same-sex marriage, and the right to keep and bear arms. Whether the existence of victimless crimes infringes upon civil liberties is a matter of dispute. Another matter of debate is the suspension or alteration of certain civil liberties in times of war or state of emergency, including whether and to what extent this should occur.
      私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Civil liberties are freedoms that protect the individual from the government. Civil liberties set limits for government so that it cannot abuse its power and interfere with the lives of its citizens.

Common civil liberties include the rights of people freedom of religion, and freedom of speech, and additionally, the right to due process, to a fair trial, to own property, and to privacy.

The formal concept of civil liberties dates back to the Magna Carta of 1215 which in turn was based on pre-existing documents.

Republics or liberals such as the United States have a Constitution, a bill of rights and similar constitutional documents that enumerate and seek to guarantee civil liberties. Other states have enacted similar laws through a variety of legal means, including signing and ratifying or otherwise giving effect to key conventions such as the European Convention on Human Rights and the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights.

It might be said that the protection of civil liberties is a key responsibility of all citizens of free states, as distinct from authoritarian states.

The existence of some claimed civil liberties is a matter of dispute, as are the extent of most civil liberties. Controversial examples include reproductive rights, same-sex marriage, and the right to keep and bear arms. Whether the existence of victimless crimes infringes upon civil liberties is a matter of dispute. Another matter of debate is the suspension or alteration of certain civil liberties in times of war or state of emergency, including whether and to what extent this should occur.

I've met you remember, so I know 2 things; You couldn't think that up all by yourself and even if you could, you'd not be able to type it that quickly

Comment

Didnt say i didl
          Wikipedia
          私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

[QUOTE=Chillitt;510812]I think you will find it says they have to prepare to work, at least give it some thought, not actually do anything sordid like interviews and such like. Benefit scroungers are key voters for this shower, and the wont do anything to upset them.

sadly I think this is true
            [/bonfire-p1$$1ng]

I would imagine this more a kneejerk reaction to Karen Mathews and her single-handedly raising the issue by having her Daughter (kidnapped)
            surprising at it might appear, a very large number of mail readers were unaware of this pathetic sub-culture in their own country

Comment

so if was claiming benefits because i was made redundant earlier this year would i be tarred with the same brush???

seems like theres a lot of holier than thou attitudes on this form ,
              what next anyone earning less than £30,000 is knucle dragging
              Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by joker?? View Post
                so if was claiming benefits because i was made redundant earlier this year would i be tarred with the same brush???

seems like theres a lot of holier than thou attitudes on this form ,
                what next anyone earning less than £30,000 is knucle dragging

Please,Less than £60K and you're white trash
                私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

JK

what we're referring to is those people who can and wont work, not cannot find work
                  私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

JK

what we're referring to is those people who can and wont work, not cannot find work

Yeah, wind yer neck in Dave.

Comment

JK

Controversial old Andy here... There is work, it's just that some folk think it's beneath them to do some jobs.

I have a very large extended family and we are all employed, some doing so called 'menial' jobs, some doing well paid jobs, but we're all employed. It's a state of mind, if one is brought up in the 'dole' culture, then that's where one fits and will therefore stay. We were always brought up to work for a living, we all do and always will.

Why do you think Immigrants find it easy to get work? Their employers are bound by the same rules as they would be if they employed a native, so it's nothing to do with that. It's because immigrants (with a few exceptions) are willing to do anything to earn a crust, they were brought up in a culture where they had to work for a living, no mamby pamby welfare state to look after their whims.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                        Yeah, wind yer neck in Dave.
                        no

andy]Why do you think Immigrants find it easy to get work?

cos they get paid £30-40 a day for doing skilled work ie carpenter ???,
                        dont pay tax and overcrowd the house they live in
                        in fact many eastern europeans are living rough on the streets of london due to the decline of the building trade ,
                        there was an article on the news last night and that came from the mouth of some of the immigrants

Comment

You're stereotyping with the housing thing there. I am friendly with several Poles, they all hold down jobs, they are more than willing to work for the minimum wage and they all pay taxes.

As for them living rough in London, I obviously can't comment on that.

I firmly believe that if someone wants to work, there's work out there for them. It may not be handed to them on a platter, but it's there in some shape or form.

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                            You're stereotyping with the housing thing there. I am friendly with several Poles, they all hold down jobs, they are more than willing to work for the minimum wage and they all pay taxes.

As for them living rough in London, I obviously can't comment on that.

I firmly believe that if someone wants to work, there's work out there for them. It may not be handed to them on a platter, but it's there in some shape or form.
                            maybe like some people are stereotyping people claiming benefits ??

yeah i know several poles who are working some are not paying taxes some are ,
                            i do casual work cash in hand some days i do work for nothing so if work comes in i am there, my mrs has got a decent job thats what keeps us going

Comment

Originally posted by joker?? View Post
                              maybe like some people are stereotyping people claiming benefits ??

yeah i know several poles who are working some are not paying taxes some are ,
                              i do casual work cash in hand some days i do work for nothing so if work comes in i am there, my mrs has got a decent job thats what keeps us going
                              So they're no worse than you really? Apart from not being from the UK that is.

I honestly don't mind what they do, so long as it's not a drain (avoiding or evading tax, working for less than the minimum wage being drains) on our society.

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                                So they're no worse than you really? Apart from not being from the UK that is.
                                I honestly don't mind what they do, so long as it's not a drain (avoiding or evading tax, working for less than the minimum wage being drains) on our society.
                                yeah i suppose you could say that after all my father was from scotland

Comment

Working...
                                X