Front lift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front lift

I finally fitted my LC Springs, +4" shocks, adjustable panhard rod and long brakeline at the weekend, (cheers Biosurf for the spring clamps). All went fine.

My question is: What next?

From looking about on here, it seems that the next lifting step that most people take is Balljoint spacers, +2" front shocks and manual hubs? If this is where i should be going, then where's best to get these parts?

I take it a diff drop bracket isn't necessary if you're fitting manual hubs?

Cheers.

Yep your right on the button, Balljoint spacers from Stein. My hubs were from the US when the exchange rate was good and I had a mule to bring them home. Have a search opn here think Roughtrax may do them. - My original hubs were impossible to get off so you may need someone/ somewhere with a hub puller to get them off for you.

I think you should get +3 shocks for the front but could be wrong. I have + 2s. Could try Stormforce first?

No need for diff drop

Glad it all went well

Comment

Cheers Paul, could you PM me your address so that i can post the clamps back to you? I'll stick your postage costs in with them.

Were the BJ spacers a B'Stard to fit? I've got a mate who's a mechanic but he said he hasn't fitted them before. I saw a write up on here somewhere so i might get him to cast his gaze over it.

Do i get 1.5" spacers and does anyone know which size shocks would be best?

Comment

you will need the grind the back lip of the wishbone about 10mm for the spacers to fit.It don't take long to do and from start to finish each side from taking the 1st nut off to putting the last nut on about 45 to 60 mins
        you will need to keep stopping grinding and test fitting the spacer to make sure you don't take to much off
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

And for my next question....

Does anyone near the areas of Sussex or Berkshire own a grinder and like fitting balljoint spacers? Cash awaits.

Comment

TonyN 4x4toys gets the hubs .......but he aint about atm as he is trying to put a roof on his house
            ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by Don Logan View Post

Does anyone near the areas of Sussex or Berkshire own a grinder and like fitting balljoint spacers? Cash awaits.
              i can give u spences number,he is doin evh's truck atm but im sure he could squeeze u in,he is off lewes rd in brighton?

Comment

If you want to pop along to havant for the day sometime i'll do the b/j spacers and lockers for you, hopefully your truck will fit in my garage, let me know,
                i got the manual hubs from roughtrax and luckly for me the spacers from bushwacker, a set he did'nt need, not sure if stiens still doing them or how much they are, mine were 2" and they certainly bump the front up

the only bum clencher is grinding the wishbone, dont really like messing with them, but all seems ok
                Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Cheers for the offer Popeye, i'll see how the other bloke is fixed as he's nearer.

Andy, Could you PM me his number?

Cheers.

And does anyone have any thoughts on what size BJ spacers and front shocks to get?

Comment

1 1/2 to 2" b/joint spacers and i would go for the + 3's or +4" shocks aswell
                    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

£15 in B&Q throw it away when you finished.
                      monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Cheers for the offer Popeye, i'll see how the other bloke is fixed as he's nearer.

Andy, Could you PM me his number?

Cheers.

And does anyone have any thoughts on what size BJ spacers and front shocks to get?
                        bugger only just seen this,and i'm starless this month,no pm's ,u still got my mobile number?or could someone that has mine pm it to don?tia

Comment

Hello mate, yeah i think i've still got your number somewhere i'll have a look in a sec.

Should i just go for the bigger spacers and shocks?

Are there any disadvantages to fitting 2" inch spacers and +4" shocks instead of smaller ones? Is it likely to have much effect on my insurance? The rear lift added £40 to the premium, so not too bad.

Comment

?

Comment

1 1/5" spacers will be fine,you wont get plus 4 shocks in there,well thats a lie,you will but there will be no rebound as the shock will top out.
                              www.overfab.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X