Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plink-plonk

How daft am I ?
    Myself, The bread knife and Gran went up to Salisbury today to see some relatives, we were in the surf on the dual carrigeway when my wife said "is that your phone ringing ?" We spent 10 minuites trying to work out what the noise was.
    It turns out that there is a small Japenese man under our dashboard with a xylophone that go's Plink plonk when we exceed 100km/h.

Andy.

Originally posted by bobafatass
    How daft am I ?
    Myself, The bread knife and Gran went up to Salisbury today to see some relatives, we were in the surf on the dual carrigeway when my wife said "is that your phone ringing ?" We spent 10 minuites trying to work out what the noise was.
    It turns out that there is a small Japenese man under our dashboard with a xylophone that go's Plink plonk when we exceed 100km/h.

Andy.
    Andy
    I believe some Surfs have a speed indicator fitted to them . There was a thread somewhere but I do not know when it was .That or as you say a little Jap chap may be getting frightened at your driving and giving you SOS signals .

Rick
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

I dont know about later Surfs but on early ones there is a small yellow plastic thing on the back of the speedo that looks like a polyesther capacitor. Just cut it off and the noise will stop.

Comment

I'll have a look for that then, I don't think I could handle the plinky plonk noise every time I hit 60mph.

Comment

Hi Andy

There is a link to an old post about disconnecting the bell in the "FAQ about surfs" section of the forum. Definitely a must do!

simon

Comment

I have removed that "feature" on mine but it didnt look like the one shown in the thread, mine had a small tin box (about the size of a relay) screwed onto the rear of the clocks with two yellow wires connected to the back of the clocks, simply disconnect one wire to disable it.
            Hope thet helps
            If it aint broke...........give it some more abuse!!!!!!!!
            I gave it some abuse.................and it broke!!!!!!!

Comment

Plink Plonk

Originally posted by Elvz
              I dont know about later Surfs but on early ones there is a small yellow plastic thing on the back of the speedo that looks like a polyesther capacitor. Just cut it off and the noise will stop.
              NO you will proberly find a 1" square metal box attached buy 2 screws and 2 wires attached by 2 screws , just unscrew them and take the metal box and that should sort it out.
              Live Life To The Full

Comment

Oh for a gentle plink plonk mine used to buzz and the faster you went the louder it got.Soon got it disconected though.
                If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Pour Beer On It!
                  nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by dabigman
                    Pour Beer On It!
                    EEK!! hope thats old beer that got opened, and then overlooked the day before.
                    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                      EEK!! hope thats old beer that got opened, and then overlooked the day before.
                      just thought it might work... it fixes sticky fruit machine buttons!!
                      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
                      X