Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MattF View Post
    Cheers.
    Last time, I just parked it outside and pointed at it (and the plate that hadn't fallen off) out of the window.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
      Last time, I just parked it outside and pointed at it (and the plate that hadn't fallen off) out of the window.
      indeed, there are still places that will supply them, but by law that is what they would need.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
        Showing your age there old chap. They've clamped down these days, from what I hear.

Comment

Showing your age there old chap. They've clamped down these days, from what I hear.

Oh yeah ???? I bought my last one online and they checked absolutely nothing - it's fully compliant with the law too !

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob View Post

Oh yeah ???? I bought my last one online and they checked absolutely nothing - it's fully compliant with the law too !

no they are actually breaking the law, and they can get badly fined too, just the authorities rarely do anything.

if it is not labelled with the correct markings it could still be illegal.

there is a lot of money to be made in number plates as the cost the supplier around £1.50 to £2 to make, and probably charge around £20 for the pair.

easy money eh

Comment

Good to see some of 'em have already thought sod it to the regs then.

Comment

Just on a slight side note, (it's still related, honest), is it just my perception, or are the Jaos bars built with a fairly thin wall steel tube with the main strength being in the uprights?

Comment

Just on a slight side note, (it's still related, honest), is it just my perception, or are the Jaos bars built with a fairly thin wall steel tube with the main strength being in the uprights?
                  Bull bars tend to offer next to nothing in protection terms anyway mate,

They normally bend at the mounts an hit the bonnet. There useful for putting spot lights on an the Jaos ones offer decent protection on the headlamps but they dont really do much else!

Look fecking great!!

Especially the Jaos ones!!! Want to buy some jaos mudflaps to complete the look?!!?

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
                    Bull bars tend to offer next to nothing in protection terms anyway mate,

They normally bend at the mounts an hit the bonnet. There useful for putting spot lights on an the Jaos ones offer decent protection on the headlamps but they dont really do much else!

Look fecking great!!
                    That's pretty much what I was suspecting. All looks, no grunt. The Gypsy bumper came away from it minus a tad of paint and a smashed indicator. (The indicator was an oversight, but at least it clarified the indecision of whether I should replace them or not). Jaos bars came away with notches on one of the uprights, a slightly crumpled/dimpled cross strut and the number plate and brackets looking a tad the worse for wear.

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
                    Especially the Jaos ones!!! Want to buy some jaos mudflaps to complete the look?!!?
                    How gay.

Comment

Originally posted by NEZ View Post
                      no they are actually breaking the law, and they can get badly fined too, just the authorities rarely do anything.

if it is not labelled with the correct markings it could still be illegal.

I'm not certain whether they are breaking the law or not as the plates came from Scotland - but even with P&P they were actually a lot cheaper than I could get them elsewhere AND they're fully legal

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

I'm not certain whether they are breaking the law or not as the plates came from Scotland - but even with P&P they were actually a lot cheaper than I could get them elsewhere AND they're fully legal

they certainly are illeaglly supplied and if your plates dont have a " bs au " number and the correct information on the plate, that too is illegal.

not that anyone ever bothers to do anything about it so i thionk you'll be safe.

Comment

Working...
                        X