Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good/Bad news for me

Good news:
    Going to look at a 80,000 mile 3.0 td Surf SSR-G 1995 (gen 2) on Sunday just about within my price range.

Bad news:
    It is listed as a light 4x4 utility......I live within 30 miles of London......I don't go there very often....but do have to pick up the mother-in-law every six weeks or so from London.

anyone any experience of changing the body type on the V5?

Originally posted by Ava_Banana View Post
    Good news:
    Going to look at a 80,000 mile 3.0 td Surf SSR-G 1995 (gen 2) on Sunday just about within my price range.

Bad news:
    It is listed as a light 4x4 utility......I live within 30 miles of London......I don't go there very often....but do have to pick up the mother-in-law every six weeks or so from London.

anyone any experience of changing the body type on the V5?
    Hi Banana

My V5 states 'light 4x4 utility' and the lad 4 doors away has 'estate' on his V5 and his is a 2.4. Neither makes any difference on the vehicle road tax, I know because i sold him his Surf. you should be ok until 2010 when some new regs come into force. Have a look on the "transport for London" website, they have some software on there that will tell you how you stand just by putting in your reg number.

Hope this helps
    Cheers
    Paul

Comment

On the log book for my 3:0 V6 petrol it says body type “estate”. No plans to go anywhere near London in the Surf though.

Why not tell the Mother-in-law to get the train/bus or a cab
      Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Originally posted by Artful_dodger View Post
        Hi Banana

My V5 states 'light 4x4 utility' and the lad 4 doors away has 'estate' on his V5 and his is a 2.4. Neither makes any difference on the vehicle road tax, I know because i sold him his Surf. you should be ok until 2010 when some new regs come into force. Have a look on the "transport for London" website, they have some software on there that will tell you how you stand just by putting in your reg number.

Hope this helps
        Cheers
        Paul
        I checked on the site..........that's why I posted ....but thanks...I have spoken to the dvla and they say that I should be able to get it changed.......i'll have to write a suitably grovelling letter.

Comment

Originally posted by PDR View Post

Why not kill the Mother-in-law
          good idea......with the inheritance I could buy a 3rd Gen model

Comment

im sure there has been a few on here b4 that tried with no luck

Comment

is'nt the lez boundary within the m25 ???
              if its 4x4utility would leave it not worth the bother
              Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by joker?? View Post
                is'nt the lez boundary within the m25 ???
                if its 4x4utility would leave it not worth the bother
                yup...practically on the M25 border most of the way round (although it does not include the M25)....however....living this close to it, rarely I will venture into the bandit territory that is "inside the M25" and I would rather not pay the £100 per day .

Test drive arranged........2010 seems a long way off anyway......and I want a Surf now! .....so will get one and see if I can pursuade my local dvla to change it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ava_Banana View Post
                  yup...practically on the M25 border most of the way round (although it does not include the M25)....however....living this close to it, rarely I will venture into the bandit territory that is "inside the M25" and I would rather not pay the £100 per day .

Test drive arranged........2010 seems a long way off anyway......and I want a Surf now! .....so will get one and see if I can pursuade my local dvla to change it.

good luck with your truck but look at price of mods if any you want to put on truck before you purchase, then work out if it's worth it
                  Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Working...
                  X