what now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what now

hi peps, yesterday morning started motor and left it running to clear ice, drips all over evan under motor, ice i thought, this morning done the same, drip drip from back of sump near sump plug, diesal i think used the motor its stopped only does it cold the fuel pumps dry cant see a leak there hoses etc, are there fuel lines at the back of motor, bit long winded this sorry,

it's either

1) the top cover on the pump

or

2) The spill control valve on the bottom of the pump underneath the injector pipes.

The spill control valve on my old 2.4 leaked, exactly the same problem, p****d fuel out when cold, stopped altogether when hot.
    Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Originally posted by coolsv650 View Post
      it's either

1) the top cover on the pump

or

2) The spill control valve on the bottom of the pump underneath the injector pipes.

The spill control valve on my old 2.4 leaked, exactly the same problem, p****d fuel out when cold, stopped altogether when hot.
      thanks for info, did yours drip from sump plug area ? seems a long way from inj pump,

Comment

Just a thought but you didn't by any chance have the aircon turned on did you, as the condensation drain is on the bulkhead just to the right of the engine (looking from the front). If that was draining you would see a clear liquid dropping on to the floor under the car.
        Mike G

Comment

Originally posted by Tallyman View Post
          Just a thought but you didn't by any chance have the aircon turned on did you, as the condensation drain is on the bulkhead just to the right of the engine (looking from the front). If that was draining you would see a clear liquid dropping on to the floor under the car.

hi, air con taken out, deffo diesel put a bowl under it this morn, only egg cup full each time, wierd

Comment

Working...
          X