Brake warning light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake warning light

2nd gen 3.0l (hand) brake warning light keeps flashing on with handbrake off, brakes are deffinately not binding - does the light show for anything else or is it likely to be dodgy switch loose or wires issue on handbrake lever itself ?
    Did I mention I have a BLUE one
    Tony

Reservoir switch or fluid level.

Comment

tareverso - will fiddle tomorrow in the light
      Tony

Comment

oh er the very reason i came lookin for this forum,when i got that light,my fluid was low,topped up wouldnt go out,a gentle tap on the resevoir later,all fixed lol

Comment

Yep same here - when I did a brake fluid change on my 2.4 the light started flashing afterwards. A bit of wiggling on the cap switch loosened it up and made it work properly again.

Rob.

Comment

Have you taken the dash off recently? When I did the drivers side a couple of months ago I had it pushed back on with a couple of the screws not in and due to the plastic not sitting quite flush it meant that the handbrake occasionally moved by a millimetre or so. This made the handbrake on light come on intermittently until I screwed all the screws back in.

Comment

Mine is doing the same but only when I accelerate from low speed. I am about to change my rear shoes and I have a hunch that it is all to do with hand brake cable being loose, which may be complete b0ll0x. I have checked the fluid levels and they are fine, I will try the wiggle & tap route first to see if that clears it, watch this space.

Comment

I now put my hands up....nominate me for what you want

Fluid needed toping up Dhoh
                Tony

Comment

Originally posted by fatfires View Post
                  I now put my hands up....nominate me for what you want

Fluid needed toping up Dhoh
                  More worrying is why it needed topping up??? it can't go anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                    Probably the same reason as mine: The fluid hasn't been changed for donkeys years and is dark brown and poor!

Got other probs with mine since tho'!
                    Alan
                    www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                      no, I refuse to worry - seriously I think it is just normal drop taking up pad and lining wear, I have not checked it for ages, also bear in mind temperatures have dropped through the floor and everything shrinks in the cold!
                      I will keep an eye on it tho! and my brakes are $hit hot
                      Tony

Comment

Originally posted by div3r View Post
                        Mine is doing the same but only when I accelerate from low speed. I am about to change my rear shoes and I have a hunch that it is all to do with hand brake cable being loose, which may be complete b0ll0x. I have checked the fluid levels and they are fine, I will try the wiggle & tap route first to see if that clears it, watch this space.

Tried the wiggle & gentle tap route still there, replaced rear shoes adjusted handbrake now gone . What needs to be considered is that the light might actually be telling you that something needs changing/adjusting .

Comment

Working...
                        X