how much better is the 3.0 than the 2.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how much better is the 3.0 than the 2.4

iam likeing my surf 2.4 ssgx auto but its not right good at towing or on the motoways,is the 3.0 alot better
    Attached Files

It's not! well maybe a bit, but not much, alright then, it's much better
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

You know how you have to make the 2.4 work to get anywhere? Well the 3 is sooo much easier. Smoother, less revvy, less rattly, and mine is loads better on fuel than my 2.4 was. It's how a surf is supposed to be I don't drive fast or tow huge loads at the moment, but even just pootling about, Its better.
      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

i have a 2.4 and a 3.0. and i much prefer the 2.4, however the 3.0 is so much smoother, and it actually goes when you pull away.
        the problem i have now is that i keep spinning the back wheels :/

my 2.4 had some little mods to make it a bit better on accelleration and it did make it better, but still not the same as a 3.0.

the 3.0 is like a race car compared to the 2.4.

if you drive as conservative as you could ever possibly drive in a 3.0, the fuel economy could be the same as a 2.4 - however to do that, i think you might get people flashing you to hurry up!
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

well i tow a 1500kg caravan with ease

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
            well i tow a 1500kg caravan with ease
            and thats without using a car or anything!
            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

I was well shocked at how much grunt the 3litre had, its like a great big 2 ton missle haha

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                and thats without using a car or anything!
                true,i use the surf

Comment

2.4, 3.0TD, 3.0 Intercooled, 3.0 V6, all damn slow relatively speaking. They aint meant to be fast though. For towing, the bigger diesels are probably the best bet.

The 3.0 is better for the same reasons others have said. Surprised that Dieselboy seems to be suggesting that the 2.4 is better in terms of mpg as you have to rag the knackers off it to beat continental drift away from the traffic lights!

All this has been done before though - many many many times.

Nige, do you reckon you could make the 'search' button bigger - maybe flashing yellow too?
                  Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post

2.4, 3.0TD, 3.0 Intercooled, 3.0 V6, all damn slow relatively speaking. They aint meant to be fast though. For towing, the bigger diesels are probably the best bet.

The 3.0 is better for the same reasons others have said. Surprised that Dieselboy seems to be suggesting that the 2.4 is better in terms of mpg as you have to rag the knackers off it to beat continental drift away from the traffic lights!

Nige, do you reckon you could make the 'search' button bigger - maybe flashing yellow too?
                    ah another happy post

Comment

I'm happy

You're the one who's been whining at Fresh Prince movies

Comment

I'm happy

You're the one who's been whining at Fresh Prince movies
                        i didnt actually cry ty

Comment

How about one in the shape of curling tongs for the turd genners....
                          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

You jest. well you dont cos I know you're serious but.. whatever.

It would make sense to have either the top sticky thread being a 'how to use the forum' or even better an auto generated email that is sent to every new member on joining that describes how to use the search function etc.
                            When I first started using forums my first posts were probably covering the age old topics as it didnt really occur to me that all previous questions would be archived and all there to read.

shouldnt be hard to set up and would stop us going over old ground (would clean up searching for those who know how as you often find that as some questions have been asked so many times that the really pertinent answers are spread around between threads)

Comment

I doubt that would help.

Some newbies just barge in splurging their "whats the red button for?" type questions all over the place.

Damn rude I call it!

Where'd the link Tony N posted up on forum nettiquette? That's excellent!

Comment

Working...
                              X