ebay - some advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
    personally id transfer money to yr bank,bull him yr not around till next weekend,ie till its cleared in yr account,then let him collect,money is money in book
    thought about that too, but i would rather do things propperly since i have built up a rating on ebay now
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
      thought about that too, but i would rather do things propperly since i have built up a rating on ebay now
      so have i over 200,100%,i know wot yr saying,but i'd just let it clear then if he does take it then go away start claim etc,u have got money,and always do a reciept

Comment

I often buy stuff from Birmingham through ebay & pay via paypal & my mate collects it for me, then he brings it down on his next trip, my brother also pickstuff up for me in Dorset, I always pay via paypal so they don't have to cough up for me, I've never had a problem, the person who is collecting it will only know where to collect from if they've been given the address by the buyer, I don't see a problem.
        I'm not a complete idiot.......

My kneecap was removed in 1981

Comment

I think you're probably OK, but it sounds like this fella might have hijacked someone else's ebay/paypal. On the North Wales contact details, is there a phone number in Wales. Call it and ask to speak to Emma - then ask what's going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
            I think you're probably OK, but it sounds like this fella might have hijacked someone else's ebay/paypal. On the North Wales contact details, is there a phone number in Wales. Call it and ask to speak to Emma - then ask what's going on.
            QFT.

Also paypal can take money from your paypal account if the buyer protests and you haven't got proof it's been delivered, even if it leaves the balance in negative. Hence their saying only post to the registered address.

Comment

There is something not right there,paypal gives to many automatic rights to buyers-which means easy money for scammers,they paypal you the money get the gear and then do an auto refund for damaged or not as described goods and get their money back automatically!you are then left with no goods and no money leaving you the hassel to prove the goods were ok/delivered.even if you take the money out of paypal into your bank account and close your paypal account they will still refund the money to the buyer and leave you in arrears and then chase you through the courts for the money,in other words even if you have the money in your bank account it still not safe!

Comment

I have lost a lot of trust with paypal after being conned a few months ago. I sold an item - buyer paid with paypal - money cleared - I sent item. Later got email from paypal saying buyer had reversed payment. I emailed the buyer to ask fro explanation - which she denied any involvement and went on to leave positive feedback. Apparently her funding bank challanged the withdrawl and requested refund. buyer will not respond to me,paypal or ebay and after exploring every avenue for payment - the only option left is police action - which for a £10 cd seems a lot of hassle.
                NOTE - EVEN IF FUNDS SHOW CLEARED ON PAYPAL - IT IS NOT TRUELY YOUR MONEY UNTIL 60 DAYS AFTER TRANSACTION - DURING WHICH TIME BUYER CAN REVERSE PAYMENT ETC. PAYPAL CAN AND HAVE RETURN MONEY TO BUYER FOR WHATEVER REASON WITH 60 DAYS!!

My advice is cancel sale or ask for cash on collection or post to verified address by recorded delivery.
                Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

oh er well ive learned sumthin today,i'll just stick to transfering to my bank first,then paypal can sing for it if they try it with me

Comment

i thought i would post back since the account holder in wales has reversed the money.

i recieved an email that says:
                    Dear anthony xxxxxx,

A review of recent transactions indicates that you might have received a
                    payment that the PayPal account holder did not authorise.

To protect you from problematic transactions, we sometimes request
                    additional information about PayPal payments.

We need more information about this transaction. Please log in to your
                    PayPal account, click the "Resolution Centre" tab, and provide more
                    information by 06/12/2008.
                    so i provided his mobile number since he forgot to withhold it the first time he called, every time after that it was withheld though.
                    lets hope he gets dealt with accordingly - the less people like him around the better.

thanks for your help before! i was close to handing it over as well - if i had done, i would have been screwed. might as well of thrown it in the bin!
                    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by Robmatthews View Post
                      There is something not right there,paypal gives to many automatic rights to buyers-which means easy money for scammers,they paypal you the money get the gear and then do an auto refund for damaged or not as described goods and get their money back automatically!you are then left with no goods and no money leaving you the hassel to prove the goods were ok/delivered.even if you take the money out of paypal into your bank account and close your paypal account they will still refund the money to the buyer and leave you in arrears and then chase you through the courts for the money,in other words even if you have the money in your bank account it still not safe!
                      you are right on this! i tried to sell an RC car on ebay years ago. it didnt sell, so i relisted, and it didnt sell again. so i kept it.
                      then ebay charged me twice for listing an item. you dont get charged if an item doesnt sell!
                      so i left well alone with pay pal for a bit, as there was no way i was going to pay for something i shouldnt. then i recieved some debt collection letters, and a phone call. since i was 19 at the time, the only excuse i could come up with to get round it was tell them i was 17..
                      i should of just told the truth really!

i have been told plenty of stories where people have sold records for £30 and the buyer has told pay pal it never arrived.
                      but then a month or so later, the same buyer is selling it on ebay!
                      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                        so i provided his mobile number since he forgot to withhold it the first time he called, every time after that it was withheld though.
                        I don't answer withheld numbers.

Comment

oh er well ive learned sumthin today,i'll just stick to transfering to my bank first,then paypal can sing for it if they try it with me
                          I assume you didn't read their T&C? You have already given them access to your account, if there's a dipute, they just take the money from your account.

You can't transfer money to an unverified account, part of the verification process involves giving them access via DD.
                          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                            I assume you didn't read their T&C? You have already given them access to your account, if there's a dipute, they just take the money from your account.

You can't transfer money to an unverified account, part of the verification process involves giving them access via DD.
                            you assume right,lesson learned ty happy man

Comment

you assume right,lesson learned ty happy man
                              hehe D
                              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
                              X