yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

this wheel and stud combination look okay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this wheel and stud combination look okay?

Just trying my new wheels I got with 33's on

the studs are quite loose in the holes but I presume they are the same as the standard surf wheels and the bit of the nut below the washer centrally locates them in their holes?

It look Ok? Using standard surf nuts and they seem to fit well enough?[IMG][/IMG]

Is the seat for the nuts flat or chamfered? If its flat, you need the ones with the wee collar on, as that fits the bit around the stud. If its chamfered, you need angled nuts for the same reason - self centering around the stud.

I dunno what the standard Toy ones are like cos I've never had standard wheels.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

The shouldered section of the nut which goes through the wheel needs to be a good fit in the wheel , and not be to long or to short when seen from the back of the wheel . It needs to locate the wheel central to the hub ob the wheel may come loose or vibrate violantly .
      Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

The standard Surf wheels nuts wont do, they are flat. Yoll need the tapered end ones.
        私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

get down to an alloy wheel place quick before they shut,and expect 50/60 quid for new nuts

Comment

If the seat is flat, dont put tapered nuts in! They will fatigue the alloy around the hole with probably no consequence, but potentially disasterous ones!

You need the ones with a collar of OD the same as the ID of the whole - which I think I said a while back
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by blackpoolsparks View Post
              The standard Surf wheels nuts wont do, they are flat. Yoll need the tapered end ones.
              Not on those rims. They look like they are alloy so will need an alloy wheel nut. The Surf ones may fit but it depends on the size of hole and depth as well. My advice is take a wheel off and go somewhere and get the correct nuts to suit. The Surf studs are M12 X 1.25 thread.

Nev

Comment

You can easily check the Surf nuts against the rim with it removed. Place a nut in a hole and see if it's a neat fit. Also check the length of the collar does not exceed the rim thickness as well as not being too short. If in doubt get new nuts.

Nev

Comment

Thanks for all the responsesThe nuts are a flat fitting with the shoulder on and the shoulder seems to fit snugly within the stud hole.

All seems tight with no movement and after reading all the above just went to a good 4x4 tyre garage who had a look and said they were sure its OK, so I'm going to keep an eye, check all stays tight and see how it goes

Thanks for the advice

Comment

They look good " in the flesh" mate

Alan
                    www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                    X