No announcement yet.

Camber well out possible to DIY adjust?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camber well out possible to DIY adjust?

since getting my Surf back from Captain Feckwit who worked on it for me the camber which was 'sorted' isn't.

Both front wheels (esp passenger side) stick out at the top. Just been told I'm due for the recall but they cant do anything til next week (i think they sort all when they do it dont they?) and theres nowhere I can get to adjust it befroe the games on sun.

Is it easy to do yourself (at least so it doesnt drive so badly) and if so how?

Is it a bad idea to do a 150 miles round trip if it is knackered?

[QUOTE=biosurf;507455]since getting my Surf back from Captain Feckwit who worked on it for me the camber which was 'sorted' isn't.

(i think they sort all when they do it dont they?)

Is it easy to do yourself (at least so it doesnt drive so badly)
    and if so how? Search Camber on this site

Is it a bad idea to do a 150 miles round trip if it is knackered?

Sorry but:-
    No they don't sort it on a steering recall.
    Its not easy to do yourself Search camber on here.
    Yes its a bad idea to travel 150 miles in this condition
    Trust your Hound.

Comment

Have a look for 'Steertrak' reps in your area. They do wheel alignment on commercial vehicles so the Surf is no problem.

I had mine done before I got my BFGs because ball joint spacers alter the camber. It's sorted now. I've had the BFGs on for 6 months or so, and they're still as new.
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Call Steertrak yesterday and guy got here at eight this morning been working for over an hour (they were well and truly out)
        Cost £82.25 inc VAT
        Really nice guy too

Thanks apache!

Comment

Yeah, mine cost £70 odd. A bit pricey compared to Crap-Fit, but he guy who did mine was very thorough though. Loosened pretty much everything that was loosenable, and gave me a printout of how it was now set when he'd finished.

Gave me a bit of confidence that he took so long, rather than just getting me to drive over a couple of plates and saying "yeah mate, thats alright!"
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
          X