yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP!!! what air filter for my safari snorkle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!!! what air filter for my safari snorkle?

Hi all,

I want all this done by Sunday for the Salisbury plain event, so here goes,

1st thing, I have a K&N air filter on my beast and don’t have the original, so what should I use as an air filter?

And 2nd, if the air filter isn’t a huge issue is there anyone in the midlands who would like to come and help me fit my snorkel on Saturday.
    I will provide food and drink but I don’t have much ion the way of tools, sorry.

Will

Have you got the air box? If not, there is one in me shed....I'd love to help you fit it, but I'll be at work on saturday..
    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt View Post
      Have you got the air box? If not, there is one in me shed....I'd love to help you fit it, but I'll be at work on saturday..
      no i don't unfortunately,
      but, do i need an air filter? as doesn't the snorkel have its own filters in?

Comment

Originally posted by surf-wejd View Post
        Hi all,

I want all this done by Sunday for the Salisbury plain event, so here goes,

1st thing, I have a K&N air filter on my beast and don’t have the original, so what should I use as an air filter?

And 2nd, if the air filter isn’t a huge issue is there anyone in the midlands who would like to come and help me fit my snorkel on Saturday.
        I will provide food and drink but I don’t have much ion the way of tools, sorry.

Will
        Hi Will

If you fancy a trip up to brum I have some nice hole saws here waiting to chew some metal up

Unfortunatley can't come down as need to get some work done on mine before sunday to make sure it survives

Comment

No, you will need the original 3ltr airbox for the snorkel to connect to.

Comment

Don't think theres any filters in a snorkel (apart from the one on the top to stop small birds going down the pipe) and it should connect to the air box, but you could bypass that, but it's probably not a good idea
            it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

thanks very much m8, i might just take you up on that if i can sort an airbox 1st.
              Last edited by surf-wejd; 26 November 2008, 18:42.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt View Post
                my beast is a 2.4 will your 3ltr one still fit, if so how much will you want for it m8.
                Last edited by surf-wejd; 26 November 2008, 18:41.

Comment

my beast is a 2.4 will your 3ltr one still fit, if so how much will you want for it m8.
                  I have a 2.4 airbox in the garge here mate. No good for a 3 litre as mounting points are different. May even have a filter in it but not sure.
                  Last edited by Growler; 26 November 2008, 18:47.

Comment

Originally posted by Growler View Post
                    I have a 2.4 airbox in the garge here mate. No good for a 3 litre as mounting points are different. May even have a filter in it but not sure.
                    ok thanks, how much will you want for it?

Comment

ok thanks, how much will you want for it?
                      Send a donation to the forum for me. so whatever it's worth to you

Comment

Originally posted by Growler View Post
                        Send a donation to the forum for me. so whatever it's worth to you
                        that's very good of you sir, i will make a nice donation when koi gets back to me about another donation i want to send,
                        if you are sure that you don't mind me coming over on Saturday then its good for me, what will i need to bring?
                        if you email me your address i can sat-nav you and i will give you a ring tomorrow eve just to clarify things.
                        many thanks again
                        will

Comment

that's very good of you sir, i will make a nice donation when koi gets back to me about another donation i want to send,
                          if you are sure that you don't mind me coming over on Saturday then its good for me, what will i need to bring?
                          if you email me your address i can sat-nav you and i will give you a ring tomorrow eve just to clarify things.
                          many thanks again
                          will
                          No worries mate, I'll make some room in garage just in case weather turns bad Oh and you can drill your own holes.
                          Just bring whatever tools you have and don't forget the snorkel of course but should have pretty much all we need here. Just need to sort out my cone cutter for the bolt holes.
                          Email sent with contact details and we can sort out times for sunday when you are here.

Comment

Working...
                          X