recall done!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recall done!

wel yeomans collected my car from work,did the steering recall,said tracking wont need doing and besides because i have "oversize tyres" they cant do it anyway,to which my reply was well isnt my wheel/tyre size same as a landcruiser".............er yes yes",so you dont do tracking on a standard landcruiser then?".............err yes",was bored at this point so told them if it doesnt drive straight ill ring them,they valeted it,bought it back,very nice,my only niggle was when they suggested collection delivery,my first question was do u replace the fuel you use,to which i got"i'm sure we can sort somthing out",suprise suprise,they couldn't so they did 76.3kms with my fuel,but atleast it's done now

I got the impression that when you change steering components then the tracking needs to be done, well at least thats what the main Toyota dealer in Derby told me when they did mine, cuz i had to wait for it to be done.
    Roy
    When ya stop having fun, Ya start getting old

Comment

Originally posted by roylittle0 View Post
      I got the impression that when you change steering components then the tracking needs to be done, well at least thats what the main Toyota dealer in Derby told me when they did mine, cuz i had to wait for it to be done.
      nope aslong as they put the rod back in same position,i did check with them like i said,but still goes straight with both hands off the wheel,so i happy with that.
      my highlight was the 20 sumthin girl that collected/delivered,she parked it up passed m the key and said"it's a bit of a beast isnt it"lololol

Comment

Keep telling the wife that the 25 year old girl up the road wants to ride in my truck but she wont let me take her
        Roy
        When ya stop having fun, Ya start getting old

Comment

Originally posted by roylittle0 View Post
          Keep telling the wife that the 25 year old girl up the road wants to ride in my truck but she wont let me take her
          made me laugh tbh,she went bright red lololol

Comment

just read the paper work they gave me,to much play in steering idle arm??can i tighten or do i have to replace?if so lods a money?? .

Comment

I'll have to look into this recall doings sometime, so many conflicting reports, some good some bad, (the treatment you get i mean)

Stormy's ya man for an idler arm i should have thought
              Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                just read the paper work they gave me,to much play in steering idle arm??can i tighten or do i have to replace?if so lods a money?? .
                go onto roughtrax site and buy the 2 bushes for the idler first as that may cure the problem.If it don't then it will be a replacement idler arm
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                  go onto roughtrax site and buy the 2 bushes for the idler first as that may cure the problem.If it don't then it will be a replacement idler arm
                  is the arm expensive??

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                    I'll have to look into this recall doings sometime, so many conflicting reports, some good some bad, (the treatment you get i mean)

Stormy's ya man for an idler arm i should have thought
                    just get it done matey,prob even more important with your new tyres on

Comment

is the arm expensive??
                      roughtrax are £55 plus vat and p&p.I will sell one for £30 delivered
                      the bushes are £2.50 each and you need 2 of them

http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/?doc=11&cid=157

Comment

roughtrax are £55 plus vat and p&p.I will sell one for £30 delivered
                        the bushes are £2.50 each and you need 2 of them

http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/?doc=11&cid=157
                        silly question time,would i actually need a new one??

Comment

silly question time,would i actually need a new one??
                          if the bushes don't solve the problem then a good 2nd hand one should be ok.You will need a ball joint splitter also to split the idler from the steering rod.(thats the recal part) and its 3 bolts to take off to take it off the chasis(n/s)

Comment

if the bushes don't solve the problem then a good 2nd hand one should be ok.You will need a ball joint splitter also to split the idler from the steering rod.(thats the recal part) and its 3 bolts to take off to take it off the chasis(n/s)
                            hmm sounds fun,have u had yrs go by any chance?just thinkin back got a very faint wobble on steering wheel past few weeks,i kinda disregarded it as a weight fallen off a front wheel

Comment

hmm sounds fun,have u had yrs go by any chance?just thinkin back got a very faint wobble on steering wheel past few weeks,i kinda disregarded it as a weight fallen off a front wheel
                              never had mine go yet,but i do keep saying to myself to keep parts back as spares for myself but i keep selling them

Comment

Working...
                              X