Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tyre size

hi guys

i have to upgrade my tyres i have 31. 10.50.15 marshal venturer's on atthe moment and im loking at these

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...:X:RTQ:GB:1123

and one question before i buy with no sus or body lift whats the bigest tyre i can put on without any probs just want tocheck as iwould be gutted if i could fit 33"s on

sorry for the stupid question if i purcase tyre only any one know of someone bury way who can take the old off and but the new on without charging the earth

thanks in advance
    Attached Files

the 31's are the biggest you can go with no lift at all
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

cheers mate

thought so worth a try have you heard anything about the khumos sems a fair price to me cant afford much more anyway being so close to xmas

Comment

The Kumho KL71 are the dogs danglies mate. Always highly rated on here, I believe only B F Goodrich tyres have a better rating by those 'in the know'.

Wait until 'The Tyre Guru' comes along, he will reveal all !
        'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

ta scorpion
          are they any good on tarmac

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by BAV1 View Post
            ta scorpion
            are they any good on tarmac

cheers
            They're going to be noisy and crap in the rain, but that's the price you have to pay for chunky tyres. I doubt any other brand would be a marked improvement.

Don't forget you need five if you want a spare.

Comment

i can handle that mate thanks for all the info just a trivial point do these tyres have the white text on the sidewall

next project is a light bar no doubt be asking me q's then when i think about it anyone know about the rear dimister the element works as does the switch assuming just need to rerun some new wire front to back but somone mentioned to check relay first any ideas whee it is

cheers guys

Comment

i have been trying to get some new kl71's for 2 months know (33's not 31's) and there wont be any in the country untill january the 21st, i got me some marshals as i could not be assed to wate.

Comment

hi mate apprently the guy of ebay has a good stock of these out of interest where did you get the marshals from and what size

cheers

just goto find somwhere to get them fitted cheap as

Comment

i'm running on the khumo ventura's 33x12.5x15 on 15x10 rims.I find they grip really well in the wet and yea they are noisy on the road but that don't bother me at all tho

Comment

cheers stormforce i assume you have some sort of sus lift or did the fit on a standard setup dont suppose you have a pic so i can see what they look like on the surf after my last truck just want to ensure this one looks good

cheers jon

Comment

the KL71S are a great tyre,good both on and off road,on road they are relatively quiet compared to most other makes of mud terrain tyres,and they also handle well in the wet,and off road they can handle almost anything you can throw at them.i would highly recommend them.
                        www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by BAV1 View Post
                          cheers stormforce i assume you have some sort of sus lift or did the fit on a standard setup dont suppose you have a pic so i can see what they look like on the surf after my last truck just want to ensure this one looks good

cheers jon
                          here's some with the 5" lift

Last edited by stormforce; 24 November 2008, 18:58.

Comment

thanks richard the ones im looking at seem a bit more agressive is this going to be a problem also noticed your a veggie i have been thinking about this for a while any pros and cons

cheers
                            Attached Files

Comment

the kl71'a are the newer khumo's.The khumo's i got on mine were cheap as someone in Scotland bought them and never liked them so i bought them for £200 delivered so i couldn't complain.

use 50/50 max this time of year but the way fuel prices are now disiel is cheaper than veg down here but if you can get it cheaper then go for it.Make sure you have a new filter at hand when you first use veg oil as it will loosen the shit in the bottom of the tank and may block your fuel filter.When replacing the filter fill it with atf or redex and give it a good thrashing to clean the fuel system through

Comment

Working...
                              X