Snow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snow

Just taken this pic snowing very heavy here now.

Nice, I'd love to move back to Norfolk but my other half doesn't want to.
    I'm not a complete idiot.......

My kneecap was removed in 1981

Comment

Thats a shame I love Norfolk and the Fens Probably the best Pike fishing to be had in England. Well I think so anyway.........

Comment

I used to love Pike fishing, My dad & I used to go every winter, I went to college in Kings Lynn in 77/78 & most of my tattoos were done there too.

I lived in Feltwell from 1971-1989 then moved down to the south west.

Cheers
        Ian

Comment

Small world, I had some mates who lived in Feltwell, Hockwold and Weeting as I used to do the maintenence at Lignacite the concrete block plant at Brandon, lovely area, met a lot of guys from Lakenheath air base to, shame I dont still know them I could get some surplus rifle ammo.....!

Comment

I dated several girls from Hockwold & weeting, I used to spend a lot of time on the US bases too, I'm just trying to think of the companies I used to work for out of Brandon, I think it was Arrowpack & Blythe Hazel, 2 of the companies that used to move the Americans about, I also worked for one in Bury St Edmunds but I can't remember the name.

It is indeed a small world.

Comment

Oddly the sun just came out here and it was really warm.
              I Love Wales

Comment

We have almost clear blue skies here, just the odd bit of cloud now although it was raining earlier.

Comment

Same here.

It's past august, so naturally it should be constantly raining here now 'till next may.

Comment

Originally posted by rambling angler View Post
                    I dated several girls from Hockwold & weeting, I used to spend a lot of time on the US bases too, I'm just trying to think of the companies I used to work for out of Brandon, I think it was Arrowpack & Blythe Hazel, 2 of the companies that used to move the Americans about, I also worked for one in Bury St Edmunds but I can't remember the name.

It is indeed a small world.
                    As you say, it is indeed a small world !!! My eldest son works for Arrowpack at Thetford.
                    Maybe you used to work for Geoff Byford in BSE, he used to do quite a bit for the USAF.
                    Just thought I'd let you know so as you would know your old company is still thriving, it's a very big concern nowadays, they run in excess of approx 30 vehicles and is now part of Simon Long Removals.
                    I just found a young lad in the ditch having lost control in the snow, on my way home from Thetford, the Surf just walked away with his Vauxhall, fortunately, it, him, and his passenger were undamaged. It was nice to be able to help someone else out after all the help we had when youngest son had his accident 2 weeks ago.
                    Best regards, John

Comment

I've just remembered the name of the company in BSE, it was Giltspur Bullens.

Who is running arrowpak now? robin hood senior or junior or maybe someone different altogether, Junior was my brothers friend & we used to muck about together in the summer holidays, I still have a scar between my eyes from when junior through a stick, that would have been early to mid 70s.

We've just got back from taking the dog for a walk & the weather at the moment is glorious.
                      Attached Files

Comment

As far as I know it all comes under the wing of Simon Long although a chap named Tim runs that side of the business, at least he is my son's direct boss, I'm afraid I don't know his surname and I can't ask Carl, my son, as he is out at the moment.
                        We had some lovely sunshine here up untill anout 30 mins ago but it's now clouded over again, looks like it's going to do something on us again, most likely rain, it's too warm now for any more snow I would think.

Comment

Thats the first time i've seen your truck Webbo! and then it's covered in snow so still cant see it properly, it tried to snow this morning but just wet, dark and miserable, then sun,
                          Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
                          X