diesel filter float switch thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• diesel filter float switch thread

Anybody know what the thread size is of the plastic float switch body is that screws into the bottom of the fuel filter (3.0td - although presume all the same??)
    Thinking of replacing it with a blank - then filtting a heater element to stop my veggie crystalizing over the cold weather.
    Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Wouldn't recommend ditching the water sensor.

Comment

would it really matter if it was ditched? as long as you don't leave it for a year before checking/servicing i'd have thought it wouldn't make a difference.
      i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Originally posted by logey79 View Post
        would it really matter if it was ditched? as long as you don't leave it for a year before checking/servicing i'd have thought it wouldn't make a difference.
        Water ain't good for the I.P. Why take the risk that the filter may be contaminated? If people could be relied upon to maintain equipment correctly, it probably wouldn't be there in the first place.

Comment

every time I change the filter (every 6 months)- i always draw off the fuel from filter to check for water / debris, and it's always clear - besides my fuel is normally 66% veg anyway - but point taken.

Any idea of the size??

Comment

I've got an aluminium inline fuel heater - with two glow plugs and thermastatic switch fitted after filter unit - but noticed the lumpiness on cold starts seems to be from cold veg being drawn through filter - evident from the amount of air visable in top of fuel pipe ( fitteed clear braided pvc tubing from filter to pump). so have decided to either fitter heater unit prior to filter housing or (preferably) fit glow plug to filter unit to heat veg inside filter to aid cold start by thinning cold veg inside filter at start up.

Comment

Get down to the scrapyard and get a heated filter unit from a Pug, or get one of those filter sleeve/blanket jobbies.

Comment

yeah - got one of those and modded it to take a glow plug - my only concern is the through flow of fuel through a filter from a smaller ( much more efficient engine) - just wonder if the element would handle such a large flow from a 3.0l "gas guzler" - element may colapse or starve engine???

Comment

What's the inner diameter of the inlet/outlet connectors?

Comment

from memory (filter unit in garage at moment) they are about the same as standard toyota unit - although filter element is smaller.
                    If you are asking about the inline heater - the id is about 12mm.

Comment

from memory (filter unit in garage at moment) they are about the same as standard toyota unit - although filter element is smaller.
                      If you are asking about the inline heater - the id is about 12mm.

Comment

Working...
                      X