Recall in Southampton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recall in Southampton

Just got my recall letter from Toyota GB, am taking the surf to Kings Toyota in Southampton. Has anyone had theirs done there? Spoke to a nice helpful guy on the phone but he didn't seem to know any details about the recall work. From what I've found searching on here they seem like a good garage but wondered what they'd be like for the recall? I'm always wary of garages especially main dealers but I suppose as i'm getting it done for free I can't really get ripped off

Kings are my local dealership.

One day i spose i should make the call an see if my truck needs it doing really..

Anyway, Everytime ive used them ive been really happy with the service.

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
      Kings are my local dealership.

One day i spose i should make the call an see if my truck needs it doing really..

me too, i'll get it sorted oneday

Comment

Originally posted by wolf View Post
        me too, i'll get it sorted oneday
        is it just 2gens or are 3gens affected too?

whats the recall for?
        If it can be broken it can be fixed

Comment

Sounds good then!

mckirdy - the recall's for the steering relay rod which apparently can crack under high stress (dry steering etc) though as mine's survived for 16 years I'm not how easy it is to break! Thought I'd get it done since it's free and I'd rather not have it break on me... I think it's just 2nd gens but I'm not sure. There's a list somewhere of what's affected but I can't remember where, will have a search for it.

Comment

Here you go: http://dogandlemon.com/site/japanese...seno=RJ-1281-0

Comment

I'm not sure what they are like for recall work, as it's on one of those long lists.
              But for parts they are very help full, and some times they are even cheaper (not often tho).

Let us know how you get on with the recall, I may remember to bump it up my list a bit.
              Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Had the recall done today. Dropped the surf off at half 8 and had phone call about 12 to say it was ready for collection. Got an avensis rather than a yaris or an aygo so was pretty happy with that but didn't really make much use of it. Had the safety check done, a few advisories but not too bad (except leak in the radiator, will need to get that sorted!). They also asked if I wanted my power steering belt adjusted for £44 but as I've just bought a new set of belts I said no thanks. Got there to pick her up and they'd done it for free anyhow! Much nicer being able to drive and not feel like I've been at the gym

All in all, very good customer service, haven't had a look underneath at what they've done but I'm happy with them. It's free and no hassle so you might as well get it done even if the rod's lasted 16 years with no problems like mine.

Comment

That reminds me, I'd better give them a call about mine!!

JD, are you local to the Portswood area? Just think I have seen your truck around there.

Cheers, Nick
                  "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

Live in Highfield but being a student I'm around in Portswood a fair bit. Chances are if it's a blue 2nd gen with a strange mix of blue and chrome bumpers it'll be mine! Whereabouts are you in Southampton? I see the odd Surf around but don't know if it's anyone on here...

Comment

Originally posted by J_D View Post
                      Live in Highfield but being a student I'm around in Portswood a fair bit. Chances are if it's a blue 2nd gen with a strange mix of blue and chrome bumpers it'll be mine! Whereabouts are you in Southampton? I see the odd Surf around but don't know if it's anyone on here...
                      Tis you then Have seen your truck parked up - recognised the top box from your pic - I often cut through by the Uni as it beats going through Portswood. I live in Bitterne Park, so not a million miles away. My truck is green over silver with side steps off,

Cheers, Nick
                      "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

Working...
                      X