Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few pics...

Hey all

Went for a bit of a drive the other day, and somehow my truck ended up in a few of the photos

Anyway, thought I'd post them here for you to enjoy

I have loads more, but I don't want to bore you with them lol...

Nice pic's mate...

where abouts in NZ are u?
    One day at the time I guess..

Comment

Near the creek.

Comment

Dawsons?

No, thats in Oz...

Spectacular place to drive by the look of things.
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

I'm going to have an unnecessary guess at somewhere in Otago. Not that there is anywhere in Otago or NZ generally, as demonstrated by these pics.

Comment

Omg your in newzealand how cool is that. What lovely landscape,s. As a Lord of The Rings anorak i love newzealand.

Comment

And I will be there in February

Can't Wait!
              Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Ooh, you lucky bugger. I've been there lots of times and would happily go back for every holiday for the rest of my life.

Comment

lol... I thought Dawsons Creek was in America?

I'm near Christchurch, in Canterbury. The pics by the river were taken at Waimakariri Gorge, and the ones from higher up were from Lees Valley Road.

I'm actually a Devon boy really - moved over here in August. As soon as I arrived, I knew I just had to have a Surf, cos the whole country is a 4x4 playground lol

Comment

That 1st ones brilliant,

Comment

Lovely. I used to live in Kaiapoi.

Watch out on the Waimak, they dredge the aggregate there. I've seen 6" of roof poking above the water before The Ashley river up by Waikuku Beach is driveable without a snorkel though.

Wax on, wax off

Comment

Ah, I know Kaiapoi - I live just up the road in Rangiora...

Hehe, the Ashley wouldn't have been driveable when I first arrived - I got here just after all the floods - the river was so high, there was no river bank at all... I have been down a couple of times recently though, but being a newbie to offroading, I'm scared to see how deep she will go, especially as its a petrol motor...

Comment

I know Rangiora! Nice town, great little cinema

Have you found Ken Sibley's off road routes? Worth a look, I passed mine on to some Jaffa friends when I moved back to the UK.

I should recommend joining a local club, but I never did as they required rated recovery points. A bit easier on a 2nd gen to drill and fix rated hooks to the chassis, the Challenger was a bit more plastic and I didn't mod it at all due to lack of work.

Lees Valley Rd, IIRC its a loop NE from Ashley Gorge. I told the missus we'd go back that way to Kaiapoi. Five hours later, a few river crossings and a cross legged grumpy missus....lol.

Please do post up regular pics of your off road adventures. I miss the place, but there wasn't enough work for me there
                          Wax on, wax off

Comment

Working...
                          X