Recalls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recalls

I have a 2LTE engine (Q-LN130W) which is listed on a product recall notice.

What did they do with the recalled vehicles? Did they just take it in and fit some new wonder gadget to fix the problem, or were they supposed to take them off the road completely and scrap them?

Also does anyone know how you are supposed to tell if they actually did any work under the recall?

I have read some threads about them needing new heads as the ones originally supplied were defective, but surely under the recall they would have replaced them with superior ones which should take out the risk of any problems.

Any ideas?

Typsey

Originally posted by The Typsey Russell
    I have a 2LTE engine (Q-LN130W) which is listed on a product recall notice.

What did they do with the recalled vehicles? Did they just take it in and fit some new wonder gadget to fix the problem, or were they supposed to take them off the road completely and scrap them?

Also does anyone know how you are supposed to tell if they actually did any work under the recall?

I have read some threads about them needing new heads as the ones originally supplied were defective, but surely under the recall they would have replaced them with superior ones which should take out the risk of any problems.

Any ideas?

Typsey
    Typsey.

Do you know what the recall was for and whether it was a general or global recall or a market specific recall?.

Cheers

Comment

they were all exported to the UK and sold to the unsuspecting public at a hugely inflated price!
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Ooh... don't say that!
        I'm already starting to get paranoid
        Ian
        One day my paranoia will go away!

Comment

toyota recalled them scrapped them & made washing machines with the bits left over. oh & a few woks
          (\__/)
          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
          (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
            toyota recalled them scrapped them & made washing machines with the bits left over. oh & a few woks
            so if your washing machine overheats, or your wok boils over you know where it came from
            [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
            [size=5][/size]
            [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

The recall was for dodgy cylinder heads. Now I have that they replaced some part of the cylinder head but would like to find out if mine actually was recalled and repaired.

Any sensible ideas?

Typsey

Comment

I have the same engine

I was checking the Toyota websites to see if there is any way to find out and i noticed they offer a free visual safety check. Does anyone know if this would apply to imports?

http://www.toyota.co.uk/cgi-bin/toyo...s&menuid=50892
                Ian

Comment

Originally posted by icsys
                  I have the same engine

I was checking the Toyota websites to see if there is any way to find out and i noticed they offer a free visual safety check. Does anyone know if this would apply to imports?

http://www.toyota.co.uk/cgi-bin/toyo...s&menuid=50892
                  best to check this site properly first http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/Forums/showthread.php?t=18
                  [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
                  [size=5][/size]
                  [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

I read the thread. a very interesting read.

This bit really gets me..
                    "...they are Japanese and we dont know about them we
                    only sell British Toyota,s..."

The 4Runner was for the UK market and they were built in Japan and imported here.

Toyota (GB) PLC is the importer and distributor for Toyota and Lexus vehicles in the UK and is responsible for sales, marketing, after-sales and customer satisfaction.

Not grey imports, granted, but surely they are responsible for customer satisfaction.

Perhaps rather than ringing the number it would be better if they have several hundred letters on their doormat. Maybe they will be aware of how many Surf's are in the contry and be more willing to give proper customer service.

Toyota (GB) PLC
                    PO Box 746
                    Sunderland
                    SR9 9XF
                    Last edited by icsys; 25 September 2003, 15:13.
                    Ian

Comment

do a post to watchdog see if they will help
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                      (")_(")

Comment

I'm in two minds how much fuss we should make about this stuff, might be waking a demon, if Toyota start to feel the heat to thier company name and figure its too expensive to sort every 2.4 that comes though their dealers doors, it could be curtains for import motors.
                        Lots of other people would be only to happy to see imports banned completely. And it didn't take Toyota and others long to convice the Ozz government to get it stopped, and I reckon our esteemed leaders would cave in even quicker to big money companys pulling their chains.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                          if Toyota start to feel the heat to thier company name and figure its too expensive to sort every 2.4 that comes though their dealers doors, it could be curtains for import motors.
                          And here's me thinking we live in a free society!

And why should'nt they make good a manufacturing defect? It's their reputation at stake.

You have a valid point though I guess. Catch 22.
                          Last edited by icsys; 29 September 2003, 19:24.
                          Ian

Comment

Working...
                          X