A Question For Auto Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Question For Auto Drivers

At night when your lights are on, should the P R N D 2 L "scale" for the auto box light up? Mine doesn't and I was just wondering if it should. Any thoughts folks?

scale?

at night all the digits light up, but i cant remember off the top of my head but there is some indication as to where the selector is
    either P or D etc..
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

I think they all do - if yours don't, it's a small bulb that may have blow and not too hard to change..
      Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Sounds like ya need to replace the bulb ...
        I've done mine last week n jobs a good en !!

There's always a Payback .... Don't expect a warning !!!!
        Buncefield Burner

Comment

It should light up when the ligths are on, mine's having moments of not coming on now and then. Have you tried hitting it? That get's mine working. Either that probably the bulb has blown, not sure how you get at it though. You can unscrew the plastic casing around the selector and lift that off.
          Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Is it just the selector light because when my dash light wasnt working the selector lights were off too AND the rear lights! Turned out to be a bad earth (kept shorting and blowing the fuse)

Comment

Thanks guys. Much appreciated. Always thought the auto selector should light up. Looks like I'll need to start dismantling the plastic sometime soon.....

Comment

Not a hard job ...just a little fiddly n make sure ya have plenty O' daylight !!!!
                Undo the 4 screws on the side of gearbox tunnel, gently lift up outta the way enough to remove 3 screws holding (position indicator) in place, gently turn over to reveal position indicator bulb.
                It's a bit fidley if ya got big fingers to remove the small bulb, replace the bulb n make sure the (forward facing) little bar locator (about the size of a matchstick) is properly located in position as it's something to do with ("P") n being able to remove ya Key..
                Hope this Helps

ps Jason, no excuse now !!! not to do it .....

Last edited by Diezel Weazel; 18 November 2008, 14:10.
                Buncefield Burner

Comment

Yes it should light up when the side/headlamps are on. You should also be able to see a marker line indicating what position the lever is in.
                  Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Originally posted by Diezel Weazel View Post
                    Not a hard job ...just a little fiddly n make sure ya have plenty O' daylight !!!!
                    Undo the 4 screws on the side of gearbox tunnel, gently lift up outta the way enough to remove 3 screws holding (position indicator) in place, gently turn over to reveal position indicator bulb.
                    It's a bit fidley if ya got big fingers to remove the small bulb, replace the bulb n make sure the (forward facing) little bar locator (about the size of a matchstick) is properly located in position as it's something to do with ("P") n being able to remove ya Key..
                    Hope this Helps

ps Jason, no excuse now !!! not to do it .....

I'm asume this procedure is the same for the 3rd Gen???

Comment

Originally posted by ian2144 View Post
                      I'm asume this procedure is the same for the 3rd Gen???
                      No!
                      It's easier, just pull the black handbrake trim upwardsto remove and undo the two screws either side of the grey centre console and lift that up. You'll see the bulb from there.
                      http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Antshiel View Post
                        No!
                        It's easier, just pull the black handbrake trim upwardsto remove and undo the two screws either side of the grey centre console and lift that up. You'll see the bulb from there.
                        Thanks for the info.

Comment

I've got barely any dash lights left at all!

Another on the list of 'must get round to it' jobs...
                          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

That little "rod" Jess mentioned is what allows ya to use the little red button to move the shift lever with ign off, just note where it sits before you start messing with it
                            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Nice one, Thanks for clearing that up Ian

There's always a Payback .... Just don't expect any warning !!!!
                              Buncefield Burner

Comment

Working...
                              X