St. Georges day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St. Georges day

Well... it's St. Georges day today and nobody's mentioned it yet!
    so...
    HAPPY ST. GEORGES DAY EVERYONE!

I'm off for a pint of real ale!

oops... deleted link... didn't realise it was BNP... just did search for st georges day!
    Last edited by dabigman; 23 April 2004, 13:23.
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

I was most disappointed (understatement) that our staff restaurant did not do a special St Georges day menu... We had one for St Patricks day, there will be one for Jamaica Independance Anniversary Day, Bastille Day... Everything but St Georges.... and I work in the Home Office !!!!!

I'll make sure I got my cross of St George on the car when I go out tonight...
    Had enough... going to live in Spain....

Comment

Originally posted by Helen
      I was most disappointed (understatement) that our staff restaurant did not do a special St Georges day menu... We had one for St Patricks day, there will be one for Jamaica Independance Anniversary Day, Bastille Day... Everything but St Georges.... and I work in the Home Office !!!!!

have to keep everyone else happy or we get accused of being racist
      [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
      [size=5][/size]
      [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Did you know old George wasn't English - (Turkish I believe) and never once set foot in England.

He's also Patron saint of, I think 3 other countries. There was a little bit on the news about this last night.

personally I don't care - as long as we all get a day off for St Georgie's Day next year!

BTW - St David is the only true 'saint' in the British Isles.

but whatever - have a good one to you all
        Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Draig
          Did you know old George wasn't English - (Turkish I believe) and never once set foot in England.

He's also Patron saint of, I think 3 other countries. There was a little bit on the news about this last night.

personally I don't care - as long as we all get a day off for St Georgie's Day next year!

BTW - St David is the only true 'saint' in the British Isles.

but whatever - have a good one to you all
          if this information leaks out to the government (that he's wasn't english) you'll definately get the day off next year
          [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
          [size=5][/size]
          [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Originally posted by dabigman
            Well... it's St. Georges day today and nobody's mentioned it yet!
            so...
            HAPPY ST. GEORGES DAY EVERYONE!

I'm off for a pint of real ale!

oops... deleted link... didn't realise it was BNP... just did search for st georges day!
            SORRY happy day GEORGE IS HE A MEMBER ON HERE THEN?
            Enjoying Life after Cancer
            Pops

Comment

Heard he never killed a dragon either. I'm going off him by the minute.... Wimp
              Had enough... going to live in Spain....

Comment

If you knew the DRAGONthat lurks within this family then you would know that

GEORGE AINT NO WIMP

sumo.
                BRITISH BY BIRTH
                ENGLISH BY THE GRACE OF GOD
                If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

I'M PROUD TO BE ENGLISH
                  and i dont care who i offend to say so theres too much pussy footing about worrying about how people take us, Jesus its even illegal to have a flag pole and your countries flag on it in this land, what a disgrace this country is turning into, be proud i say no matter where you come from, RANT OVER
                  if a politition is talking its lying

Comment

Originally posted by firefly
                    what a disgrace this country is turning into
                    you're right , just look at the man who started this thread...

One minute he says he's off sick today, the next he's off down the pub for ale !
                    Nation of lazy asses if you ask me

Happy St George's Day why not

(the 3 people who work in the office in our place are all English, 1 from Noocassil and the uva 2 from London, and not one mentioned the day that it was though)

Comment

I'm glad (sometimes) that I live in multiculteral Luton. The town hall got a load of stick for flying the tricolour on St Patricks Day. We have a St Georges Day parade on Saturday. On Sunday the good Muslims of Luton are exercising their democratic right and having a march to protest against the extremists/fundementalists that are giving them a bad name.

I've just had a pint in the Polish Club - it's cheaper than all the others!

Happy St Georges Day.
                      It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
                        I'm glad (sometimes) that I live in multiculteral Luton. The town hall got a load of stick for flying the tricolour on St Patricks Day. We have a St Georges Day parade on Saturday. On Sunday the good Muslims of Luton are exercising their democratic right and having a march to protest against the extremists/fundementalists that are giving them a bad name.

I've just had a pint in the Polish Club - it's cheaper than all the others!

Happy St Georges Day.
                        bet the tables are shiny in there!... did you see Mr Sheen?
                        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by Helen

Ours did!! Beef Wellington, burger and beans, roast beef with all the trimmings etc. Spotted dick for pudding... yum yum
                          Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by firefly
                            Jesus its even illegal to have a flag pole and your countries flag on it in this land,

Is that true?? I know a couple of people round here with flagpoles and English flags.. Never realised it was illegal, why???
                            Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

I hoped you all noticed 'The Vagrant ' and Jotto's Surf displayed the St Georges cross flags at the weekend away ? OK it was a little early but I got a good deal on the flags !

Rick
                              Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Working...
                              X