TBelt light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TBelt light

My TBelt light has just come on, I only had the timing belt changed a few months ago so it should be fine. The truck has just done 200,000 k and the light came on so I am assuming it comes on automatically at the 200,000k mark.

I phoned the garage to see if they had reset the switch when they did the timing belt but they said they could not find it.

So can anyone tell me where the reset switch is for the Tbelt light and how to get to it.

Im assuming its inside the dashboard?

Thanks
    If it can be broken it can be fixed

i think on the 3rd gen you have to remove the clocks and swap a screw over in the back in order to reset the t/belt light
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
      i think on the 3rd gen you have to remove the clocks and swap a screw over in the back in order to reset the t/belt light
      Yes , remove the dash clocks and remove a screw at the bottom and put it in the hole next to it . There is a photo on the site somewhere showing the screw to be moved . I'll do a search and post it up if I find it.
      Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

www.hiluxsurf.eu/faq_interior.htm#timing_belt On this site , curtisey of another forum member , is the written procedure and the photo of the screw to move.

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2 View Post
          www.hiluxsurf.eu/faq_interior.htm#timing_belt On this site , curtisey of another forum member , is the written procedure and the photo of the screw to move.
          excelent, thanks

is it just the two screws above the speedo on the underside of the moulding that need to be removed? Once removed will it just slide out or is there any other retaining catches or clips?.

It appears simple enough

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mckirdy-services View Post
            excelent, thanks

is it just the two screws above the speedo on the underside of the moulding that need to be removed? Once removed will it just slide out or is there any other retaining catches or clips?.

It appears simple enough

Thanks
            You may need to remove the trim from below the dash on right hand side of the steering wheel . Whole job took me about 10 mins max.

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2 View Post
              You may need to remove the trim from below the dash on right hand side of the steering wheel . Whole job took me about 10 mins max.
              thanks

I will wait untill it stops raining and then do it....I might be waiting a while.

Comment

the joy of the internet...am sitting in the surf doing this ver task but cant find the reset screw? is it behind the spedo/rev counter 'faces'. i have removed the spedo panel from the dash and undid the screw for both these but cant see the reset screw

help!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X