Rear Mounted 33" Tyre?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Mounted 33" Tyre?

Hi all, I'm off to pick up my 33's tomorrow and as there are 5 of them it's would be a squeeze fitting them in the Surf.

My idea was to fit them at the pick up point and put my 31's in the truck. Does anyone know if it's possible to fit a 33" or 31" on the rear wheel carrier, as this would save some space?

The standard spare that's on there now doesn't have much of a gap at the bottom between the tyre and the rear step.
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
    Hi all, I'm off to pick up my 33's tomorrow and as there are 5 of them it's would be a squeeze fitting them in the Surf.

My idea was to fit them at the pick up point and put my 31's in the truck. Does anyone know if it's possible to fit a 33" or 31" on the rear wheel carrier, as this would save some space?

The standard spare that's on there now doesn't have much of a gap at the bottom between the tyre and the rear step.
    Yes on both sizes, I have a 33 on mine - it's an AT if that makes any difference?? It does fit but it does obscure the release handle a little bit....but looks ACE!!
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Cheers Mudsurfer, that should ease the squeeze tomorrow. Only thing is I'll have to drive to Derby from Newcastle without a spare, keep your fingers crossed I don't get a puncture!

Comment

I fitted 4 33's in the back of mine with no problem so I would guess that you could keep your spare on, when you get there put one of the 33's on the spare carrier and fit the other 4 33'2 and the 31 in the loading bit with the seats down. If you have no passenger take a tarp and if its a squeeze in the back wrap the 31 and put it vertically on the passenger seat?
        Think that should all fit fine

Comment

A 35" can go on the back as a spare..

you just cant see much out the back window after...

Comment

Thats where my spares going so i hope so, that does look the dogs things on there Rod,
            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Gentlemen, many thanks for your advice. I feel a lot better now, knowing everything will fit.

Will post some piccies up when the jobs a good 'un!

Thanks again guys.

Comment

with the back seats down i've had 8 265/75R16s (equivalent to 32x10.50) in the back with room to spare, so 4 or 5 33x12.50s shouldn't cause you too many problems.
                =========
                =SOLD UP!=
                =========

Comment

I've got 33"s in my underslung carrier but it's a bit of a squeeze. I had the exhaust re-routed around the spare when had the stainless exhaust fitted. Also un-bolting and removing the two guide bars under the body shell gives you another 2"-3" of clearance for the wider 12.5" tyres.

Comment

Working...
                  X