LC Springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LC Springs

Ordered my land cruiser springs from milners today, gone up a wee bit to £47 a pair, Bstd VAT's a right pi$$er, robbing swine government
    got some spring compressors already but from what i've read the olduns practily fall out when you jack the chassi up, is this right? i'll need to compress the new one tho wont i? got a sort of phobia about springs since the buick tried to kill me
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

If you undo the sway bar and the top and bottm linkages the new ones will fall in also.
    monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Passenger side can be fitted no problem, drivers side, the top control arm hits the tank when you push the axle down to get the spring in. When I/we done Apache's, I unbolted the top control arm so that the axle could be pushed down far enough to slip the spring in. Lower truck to ground when springs are in and reconnect the control arm.
      I had spring compressors with me but never used them.

Comment

Managed to get mine out and back in without spring compressors, i don't like spending money on things a rarely use so i struggled, all done within the hour, so not to bad, i was advised to do the driver side first though.
        Roy
        When ya stop having fun, Ya start getting old

Comment

Cheers all, i already have the compressors but dont like em,

Comment

stop being a girl ian and get em under there.
            www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
              stop being a girl ian and get em under there.
              OK then i'll be a man about it

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                the axle could be pushed down far enough to slip the spring in.
                Yeah but Ian might not have someone of my mass handy to stand on the hub
                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                  Ordered my land cruiser springs from milners today, gone up a wee bit to £47 a pair, Bstd VAT's a right pi$$er, robbing swine government
                  got some spring compressors already but from what i've read the olduns practily fall out when you jack the chassi up, is this right? i'll need to compress the new one tho wont i? got a sort of phobia about springs since the buick tried to kill me
                  Use the compressers mate, a lot safer, the old un's don't fall out, mine did'nt,
                  just make sure you don't stretch the flexi brake pipe, undo the mounting on the axel B4 lifting, you may need two jacks to complete this job. As a SURF virgin it took me only 1 1/2 hours to do the job.

good luck G.MAN
                  If it aint broke, keep goin' till it is.

Comment

Originally posted by GRASSMAN View Post
                    Use the compressers mate, a lot safer, the old un's don't fall out, mine did'nt,
                    just make sure you don't stretch the flexi brake pipe, undo the mounting on the axel B4 lifting, you may need two jacks to complete this job. As a SURF virgin it took me only 1 1/2 hours to do the job.

good luck G.MAN
                    Good point, did'nt think about the break line, i'll have the compressors to hand in case and Apache's right, i'll be doing it on my own and dont have the strenght i use to,

Comment

Roughtrax do extended braded brake lines
                      ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

It's a lot easier if you cut the bottom off the bumpstop too. Hacksaw or a woodsaw you aren't fussy about will do. Err, improves articulation too....
                        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                          Apache's right, i'll be doing it on my own and dont have the strenght i use to,
                          I don't think it's necessarily strength that Apache has a large amount of...

More a gut full of ale and curry.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
                            I don't think it's necessarily strength that Apache has a large amount of...

More a gut full of ale and curry.

Comment

Originally posted by BioHazard View Post
                              Roughtrax do extended braded brake lines
                              Without nipping out and looking is there enough "slack" on the stock break hose to cope with the extra 2" ish lc springs?

I only ask as this is quickly esculating, new +2 shocks all round, break hoses,
                              once i've paid to have the tyres changed over and mot that'll be me tapped out again, shocks i can possibly do as and when but break hose cant wait

Comment

Working...
                              X