4WD not engaging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4WD not engaging

my 4wd is not engaging, it was fine when i used it briefly before, i tried it in park position and handbrake on , i was wondering if the colder weather is making it more difficult, the 4wd display shows the 4 wheels and the centre yellow dot flashing and just stays like that.

any suggestions guys
    2nd Gen 3.0td, running on waste veg oil

are you talking about 4x4 by button or stick ??
    try driving forwrd a bit and reversing
    Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

hi it has a 4x4 button on the 4wd gear stick knob, is it meant to be in nuetral or park and is handbrake meant to be on ?

Comment

The 4WD lever, the smaller one, should be in the H position. If you put in in N you'll get no drive at all. In L it should automatically engage 4WD but H should only engage on the button on the lever (the big one, not the small one on the Auto lever, that's overdrive).

If it's not engaging at all, check all the vacumn hoses on the 4WD system are connected and not leaking.
        Mike G

Comment

hi it seems ok if i change from drive to reverse and try it again, so it is working, my 4wd lever has 4 settings, what ones should i use for what conditions, i dont have a user manual so i need to ask, does the button work with all or some of these settings and am i right in thinking the 4wd can be selected whilst driving ?

H4-H2

H4L

N

H2L

Comment

Originally posted by Surf_MoFo View Post
            hi it seems ok if i change from drive to reverse and try it again, so it is working, my 4wd lever has 4 settings, what ones should i use for what conditions, i dont have a user manual so i need to ask, does the button work with all or some of these settings and am i right in thinking the 4wd can be selected whilst driving ?

H4-H2

H4L

N

H2L
            best to select 4x4 when stopped.although some say u can select while doing slow speeds lower than 30kph
            sigos85@hotmail.com

Comment

Working...
            X