No announcement yet.

Towbar.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The novelty of the V8 growl has worn off a bit to be honest. The Lexus engine delivers it's power high up in the rev range which means big noise. I'm driving everywhere at below 2000 rpm at the moment to keep the noise at a respectable level as I live on an estate thats high up, so adding another muffler will enable me to burble around a without setting off car alarms and breaking windows!

Still got both cars here, what a waste of Ebay fees!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
      The novelty of the V8 growl has worn off a bit to be honest. The Lexus engine delivers it's power high up in the rev range which means big noise. I'm driving everywhere at below 2000 rpm at the moment to keep the noise at a respectable level as I live on an estate thats high up, so adding another muffler will enable me to burble around a without setting off car alarms and breaking windows!

Still got both cars here, what a waste of Ebay fees!!!
      that novelty would never ever wear off for me,ever lol,sorry bout the cars,think u just have to wait for market to pick up a little

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
        that novelty would never ever wear off for me,ever lol,sorry bout the cars,think u just have to wait for market to pick up a little

I'll have to make a driving video like 'Animal' did so you can hear for yourself.

Comment

got one of those big can japs on mine vince , ####es me off on long journeys,
          the one i had fitted on 2nd gen was lovely
          Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by joker?? View Post
            very nice vince cant wait to see what you will be towing
            Motorcycle trailers mainly.

Comment

That's one of the tidiest towbars I've seen - could mod nicely for a rear recovery point. Is it custom or is there a brand name ?

Thanks,
              Rob.

Comment

Originally posted by wishbone View Post
                That's one of the tidiest towbars I've seen - could mod nicely for a rear recovery point. Is it custom or is there a brand name ?

Thanks,
                Rob.

It's a Towequipe bar, got it from Stormforce.

If you click on the photo, it should enlarge in a new window.

Comment

Cool - will add to my wish list,

Thanks,
                  Rob.

Comment

All i can say is "I HATE YOU" in a good way though.
                    Is there any way you can be barred from posting photos cos your making me green with envy.

BTW that tail pipe looks very snug,does it not vibrate on the bumper, would'nt mind mine looking like that.
                    Last edited by si tate; 13 November 2008, 00:53.
                    If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
                      All i can say is "I HATE YOU" in a good way though.
                      Is there any way you can be barred from posting photos cos your making me green with envy.

BTW that tail pipe looks very snug,does it not vibrate on the bumper, would'nt mind mine looking like that.
                      Cheers.
                      No rattles, but then I have probably the smoothest running engine ever built fitted to my truck. Ever seen the video of the 50p coin standing up on top of the engine when it's revved up to 5000 rpm? It's on Youtube.

There's about 2mm clearance all around the pipe BTW.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                        Cheers.
                        No rattles, but then I have probably the smoothest running engine ever built fitted to my truck. Ever seen the video of the 50p coin standing up on top of the engine when it's revved up to 5000 rpm? It's on Youtube.

There's about 2mm clearance all around the pipe BTW.
                        Just had a look "sweet"
                        God ya can't ballance a bucket on mine without it falling off. hehe.

Can't wait for the next installment,no doubt you've got something else up your sleeve.
                        Keep up the good work mate.
                        If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Nithe work mithter wackmeithter, did you do the bonnet too?
                          http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Antshiel View Post
                            Nithe work mithter wackmeithter, did you do the bonnet too?

Thankth. Not finished the bonnet yet, needs a scoop cutting into for a cold air feed to the filter.

Comment

I got a trooper scoop here if you're interested.
                              http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Antshiel View Post
                                I got a trooper scoop here if you're interested.
                                Cheers fella, but as I already have a cowl type bonnet, I'm gonna be doing something like this......
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X