timing belt light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• timing belt light

My timing belt light has come on but the belt was changed about 30k agao. I understand the interval is 100k. Should i just turn it off(via the 'reset') thing on the dash/spedo? Whats the risk it could be tellign me somethign is up with the belt. surf is still driving as sweet as ever?

It's purely driven by the number of miles you've done so just switch it off and remember to change the belt when the time comes.

Comment

Ooh you must have just past 100'000km if you ever get to 200,000km it'll come on again.
      monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

How do i re-set the t-belt light. thought there was something on the dash near the spedo but cvant find anything.

thanks

Comment

Yours will be instrument cluster out and is reset by changing position of a screw in the rear of it. The info on how to do it is here somewhere. I have a look for it unless someone else points you in the right direction.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by fergus View Post
            How do i re-set the t-belt light. thought there was something on the dash near the spedo but cvant find anything.

thanks
            Have a look at http://www.hiluxsurf.eu/faq.htm it gives a good description of all models plus lots of other useful info.Richie,

Comment

Working...
            X