• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spacer Drawings

Has anyone got a drawing that shows the dimensions for:

1. Ball Joint Spacers
    2. Front ARB Drop Blocks
    3. Front Differential Drop Blocks

Just to save me stripping the car in the wet.

Once I've got a copy of them all I'll put them on autocad and save them as a pdf file and post them on the forum, along with the body lift kit i have made, this will include all bolt sizes, etc, etc.

Any help would be gratefully received.
    Roy
    When ya stop having fun, Ya start getting old

You don't need ARB drop brackets, apparently you don't need ARBs either.
    Just ask the 'experts' on here.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
      Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
        I would have thought that with a 2" body lift there would be more need for ARB's, its not exactly a sports car around corners at the best of times.
        Roy

Comment

Depends what you do with it - if you're driving into bends and round roundabouts quickly, you'll tip it over soon enough anyway

Vince makes good, solid brackets for the ARB - simple to fit and they'll last.

You will need to make a small alteration the the brake line mount too, but that's a simple job.

I've taken mine off as I use the truck for offroad a lot (when I'm able to drive again) so having no ARB allows better axle articulation, but I have needed to adapt my driving style, a bit, since I've had the ARB off, LC springs fitted and new shocks.
          Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Does this mean if I'm keeping my ARB & doing a 2" body lift I'll need a pair of these ARB brackets/spacers?

Cheers
            Ian
            I'm not a complete idiot.......

My kneecap was removed in 1981

Comment

I think the only reason you need anti-roll bar spacers is at the front if you drop the diff, cos the diff fouls the bar. It's nothing to do with the body lift.
              Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Hopefully going to be stripping mine down sometime after wednesday so if you aint got a pattern by then i'll send ya one, not undoing the ARB or front diff mounts as yet tho,
                quite fancy removeing the ARB and see what it's like, i like the soft rolly big yank car feel
                Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Ok thanks, we're doing mine shortly & I want to make sure I have everything we need before we start, I don't want any nasty surprises.

Cheers
                  Ian
                  I'm not a complete idiot.......

My kneecap was removed in 1981

Comment

I'm definatly looseing it! Vince will be sending me the spacers so i can get the diamentions from them cant i,
                    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                      I'm definatly looseing it! Vince will be sending me the spacers so i can get the diamentions from them cant i,

On my way to the post office as I type.

Edit: I'm actually going to stop typing before I leave as that would be dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamedawn View Post
                        I think the only reason you need anti-roll bar spacers is at the front if you drop the diff, cos the diff fouls the bar. It's nothing to do with the body lift.
                        That right, i want to drop the diff as i can't afford to get the locking front hubs and the bj spacers are a fair way off.
                        so i want to drop the diff, therefore i also need to drop the ARB to stop that catching, i don't want to remove it as one of my jobs next year will be to make quick disconnects for the ARB, the wife also drives the surf so i don't want to compromise ride quality and safety.
                        Roy

Comment

Working...
                        X