Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do I need to do

Hi,
    I, like a few others it seems, am looking for my first Surf. I made the mistake last year of buying a 4 year old Jeep Cherokee, it spent more time in the garage than at home. It did however show me the good things of driving something that big (and thirsty). I plan to buy my Surf as the first UK owner and wanted to know what I could expect to have been done and what I need to do, ie. chanel expanders on the radios etc.
    Any help please.....
    Cheers

Hi there

I bought my first surf last Saturday but before i did i read as much as i could on this forum - the FAQ's are really helpfull. The other thing i did was go round various dealers and take as many surf's as possible out for test drives (i think i took out about 10 in all). This gave me a good idea of what was available for what money and i got a "feel" for how the better surf's handled etc. I'm not sure how many dealers there are round your way but im sure someone here would be able to point you in the right direction. I eventually bought mine from a private seller - it is fantastic compared to the ones offered by the dealers i went to and was much much cheaper - but i wouldnt have known that if i hadnt taken a fair amount of time to go round and have a look.

Comment

Hi
      Not too sure about the paperwork side of things but i can tell you that it will need a rear fog light fitted, channel expander on radio although it will not then show the correct frequency, on mine Radio 1 is at 80.2.
      I very much doubt you will find it as thirsty as a cherokee jeep, i have worked mine out to do about 22 round town and almost 30 on steady motorway cruising.
      Good luck with finding one.
      Ed
      If it aint broke...........give it some more abuse!!!!!!!!
      I gave it some abuse.................and it broke!!!!!!!

Comment

ahh should have read the "first uk buyer" bit

Sorry - ignore what i wrote!

Comment

Thanks so far

Still think I will drive several like you said.

Comment

Working...
          X