yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ball joint lift, anyone got one for sale?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ball joint lift, anyone got one for sale?

hi all,
    fitting my new khumo 33's on monday and i dont want the tred to run down unevenly, so anyone got a 1" ball joint lift for a 2.4 2nd jen or know where i can get one from and how much for?
    thanks will

http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/ForSale/...ntSpacer.shtml
    Or use a ball joint as a template and make your own.
    Ebay search item 230357761354 !

Comment

Im looking at this myself but getting hold of some 25mm thick ally is the hard part, especially at the price i want to pay, i can get 12mm no problem so i may make it in that and double up.
      Roy
      When ya stop having fun, Ya start getting old

Comment

A ball joint spacer wont help the tread with regards to how it wears.

You can fit them by all means!! Its a good idea!

But you'll want tracking on the truck afterwards as the tyres will be in a albeit exagerated V shape.

Comment

Originally posted by roylittle0 View Post
          Im looking at this myself but getting hold of some 25mm thick ally is the hard part, especially at the price i want to pay, i can get 12mm no problem so i may make it in that and double up.
          http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ALUMINIUM-SQUA...1%7C240%3A1318

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
            A ball joint spacer wont help the tread with regards to how it wears.

You can fit them by all means!! Its a good idea!

But you'll want tracking on the truck afterwards as the tyres will be in a albeit exagerated V shape.
            My truck was better in camber after BJ spacers than it was before. I guess its cos everything goes south with age

I had my geometry done after fitting them and camber needed hardly any adjustment - which doesn't make a lot of sense unless the Surf's wishbones are of unequal length. (after adding spacers, the top one is effectively longer)
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
              My truck was better in camber after BJ spacers than it was before. I guess its cos everything goes south with age

I had my geometry done after fitting them and camber needed hardly any adjustment - which doesn't make a lot of sense unless the Surf's wishbones are of unequal length. (after adding spacers, the top one is effectively longer)
              How was the camber before?!

Mine looked like a kid when they cross there legs before they pi$$ themselves!

An the wishbones are unequal i think, But the lower wishbone has eratic mountings. Like the wheels in duplo so it goes up an down

Comment

Wheels in Duplo? Now you've lost me? Erratic mounting? Sounds like drunken sex... I'm going to bed...
                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                  Wheels in Duplo? Now you've lost me? Erratic mounting? Sounds like drunken sex... I'm going to bed...
                  Did you never have Duplo?!

Comment

They have a good stock but they ain't cheap, there is a non ferrous steel stockiest near me but I'm waiting for a free bee to come along.
                    Roy
                    When ya stop having fun, Ya start getting old

Comment

Working...
                    X