3.0 owner needed near northampton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.0 owner needed near northampton

our resident monster surf owner phantom has ecu problems,need to try sumone elses??

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
    our resident monster surf owner phantom has ecu problems,need to try sumone elses??
    Whats up with your one? whip it off and jump on the bus/train/plane
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
      Whats up with your one? whip it off and jump on the bus/train/plane
      its rackin up 50 miles a day goin to and from work at the mo,and in a couple of weeks ill be trying to run my surf on fresh air!

Comment

bump

Comment

He's going to need to find someone with the same ECU (i.e. same part number) as when i had a similar problem i ended up with 3 ecu's and only the one with the same numbers on worked, the other 2 were only 1 digit out and wouldn't work properly. Im in Stevenage which(on a good day) is about an hor away If he can get the numbers off of his, and mine are the same i can pop over to him 1 day this week.
          The other thing to think about is what caused the ecu to mess up in the first place???????? don't want it messing up mine too

Cheers
          Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Artful_dodger View Post
            He's going to need to find someone with the same ECU (i.e. same part number) as when i had a similar problem i ended up with 3 ecu's and only the one with the same numbers on worked, the other 2 were only 1 digit out and wouldn't work properly. Im in Stevenage which(on a good day) is about an hor away If he can get the numbers off of his, and mine are the same i can pop over to him 1 day this week.
            The other thing to think about is what caused the ecu to mess up in the first place???????? don't want it messing up mine too

Cheers
            Paul
            Hi those numbers that were out would'nt be 1314 and 1312 would they?
            Steve.
            monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

thats strange about the numbers on the ecu's and the ecu not working.I've sold about 6 ecu's now and they all seem to of worked ok when fitted in other truck.I've never been asked about the numbers on them either.
              I did sell a 3.0 fuel pump and the buyer wanted the numbers checked to make sure they were the same.
              I'm not saying that your wrong or anything about the numbers and i suppose that i've been lucky with the ecu's i've sold that they worked ok and i will remember about the numbers on them now just in case anyone comes back and says its not working
              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

When i got my other ecu's the numbers didnt match up. Toyota main stealers would not tell me what the differences were so i still don't know.

This is the ECU that is currently in my Surf. It was the 3D100 number that was different to the others and didn't work. Maybe the others were faulty i don't know but after spending nearly £2000 getting it fixed i wasn't going to find out. The non workers just got binned
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Artful_dodger; 5 November 2008, 18:21.

Comment

Originally posted by Artful_dodger View Post
                  When i got my other ecu's the numbers didnt match up. Toyota main stealers would not tell me what the differences were so i still don't know.

This is the ECU that is currently in my Surf. It was the 3D100 number that was different to the others and didn't work. Maybe the others were faulty i don't know but after spending nearly £2000 getting it fixed i wasn't going to find out. The non workers just got binned
                  Thats the exact same as mine the new one I got was one digit out on the bottom number. I have now sent them both back and told them to repair my old one.
                  monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

I've just replaced an ecu wearing 175800-1312-12v with one from Richard numbered 175800-1315-12v. works ok for me!
                    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt View Post
                      I've just replaced an ecu wearing 175800-1312-12v with one from Richard numbered 175800-1315-12v. works ok for me!
                      Not looking good for me. What was wrong with your old one?
                      monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom 18 View Post
                        Not looking good for me. What was wrong with your old one?
                        Ragged changes and no overdrive.
                        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Help identifying what the red and white wire is

I am suffering a similar problem at the moment and wondered what the seperate wire that joins the ECU is as the connection looks a bit green moldy inside.

The wire joins the ECU and I have not been able to track from where, it is red and white connecting to a red and green cable going into the ECU?

Do all Surf's all have one, or is this a mod made by the previous owner to mine?

Comment

Originally posted by Marshman View Post
                            I am suffering a similar problem at the moment and wondered what the seperate wire that joins the ECU is as the connection looks a bit green moldy inside.

The wire joins the ECU and I have not been able to track from where, it is red and white connecting to a red and green cable going into the ECU?

Do all Surf's all have one, or is this a mod made by the previous owner to mine?
                            Just sent you an email. Call me with your addy and i'll see about popping over
                            Cheers
                            Paul

Comment

Working...
                            X