Ball joint spacers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ball joint spacers

I'd like to find out a bit about em as i'm sticking 33's on, Does anyone make em on here (like stien for instance) and how much? i've been doing some searching and printed the write ups from the Aus site on spacers and torsion bars, i was thinking 1 1/2" spacers and 1/2 -3/4" ish on the bars, does this sound ok, bit worried about the CV boot issues mentioned, How much are free wheeling hubs and are they easy to fit?
    any advice from anyone who's fitted the spacers, hubs etc would be great,
    is it all gonna explode in my face?

i'm going to get the 33's fitted on the rims and then hopefully fit em on the truck in the garage and see whats going to foul, i should be able to drive it out in a straight line to work on the torsion bars etc also going to remove the bull horns from the light bar which will give me another 1" or so clearance with the garage roof (cieling)
    any hints/tips/come round and do it for me greatly apprecieated
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Free wheeling hubs are £55 + P&p + VAT from RoughTrax, thats each and from what i can gather they are easy to fit, don't know about the ball joint spacers, I'm just toying with the idea of making some if i can find the ally.

If i get chance this weekend I'm taking one of my ball joints off and doing an Auto Cad drawing of it with all the measurements, unless anyone else has done one already, they can't be that hard to make.
    Last edited by roylittle0; 4 November 2008, 19:28.
    Roy
    When ya stop having fun, Ya start getting old

Comment

sorry guys i use to make them,but they turned out to be a real bar steward to produce and we couldnt sell enough of them to make them a viable product,so we dont do them anymore.
      www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
        sorry guys i use to make them,but they turned out to be a real bar steward to produce and we couldnt sell enough of them to make them a viable product,so we dont do them anymore.
        i have 1 1/2 inchers but have no idea where they came from

procomp maybe ??
        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post

I've still got those 2" ones you made for me Mark, I don't need them now as I fitted a lighter engine instead.

Am I allowed to sell them?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
            I've still got those 2" ones you made for me Mark, I don't need them now as I fitted a lighter engine instead.

Of course you are mate, buddy pall TO ME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by roylittle0 View Post
              Free wheeling hubs are £55 + P&p + VAT from RoughTrax, thats each and from what i can gather they are easy to fit, don't know about the ball joint spacers, I'm just toying with the idea of making some if i can find the ally.

If i get chance this weekend I'm taking one of my ball joints off and doing an Auto Cad drawing of it with all the measurements, unless anyone else has done one already, they can't be that hard to make.
              cheers Roy, i'll check em out, thick alloy is a bugger to find,

Comment

Opps, three in a row i take it ya need longer bolts as well?

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                  Opps, three in a row i take it ya need longer bolts as well?
                  yes mate you need slightly longer bolts. you will have to cut a little bit of the top arm away as well ,as the back of the spacer just fouls and cant quite sit properly
                  Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

When you undo the bolts do i have to watch out for it flying apart? sorry if my questions are daft but never delt with torsion bar sus before,

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post

there yours mate do with them what you want.
                      www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                        When you undo the bolts do i have to watch out for it flying apart? sorry if my questions are daft but never delt with torsion bar sus before,
                        no ian. the opposite.
                        you may have to force the arm up as the torsion bar will be trying to force the arm down.
                        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Ball joint installation how to

Rob.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                            no ian. the opposite.
                            you may have to force the arm up as the torsion bar will be trying to force the arm down.
                            Cheers Gra, thinking about it yes, thats what the suspension's pushing against
                            if you know wot i mean, on the road the wheels pushing up against the top arm and the bars what pushes it back, against the upward force,

(WTF am i talking about???)

Comment

Working...
                            X