ECU problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECU problems

About a month ago I went to start my truck only to find that the check light and glow plug light would not come on and the engine would not start.
    After searching the forum I found a couple of guys had similair problems and all said that the ecu needed to be replaced.
    I found a site called first choice autos that did a part finder thing. So I placed my add and a company called E Autos 19 Duckworth st in Lancashire contacted me to say they had one. £193 later I eagerly awaited its arrival. A week later I called them to ask where it was and was told there had been a slight problem but it would be sent out Friday and I would get it Monday. Monday came and no ECU. I called again to find both phone numbers were now unobtainable. I called first choice who had put them in touch with me and was told ahh we have had problems with them taking peoples money and not sending the goods. They suggested I called the police. Anyway long and short of it I got ripped.
    Someone on here said try unplugging the ECU and plugging it back in. This I tried and it worked. I got by for a month untill the other day when it packed up alltogether. £252 later and my recon unit arrived this morning from Lynx automotive. I plugged it in and switched on the ignition, the check light and glow light lit up (like my face) a couple of turns and it fired up. Then my face changed I thought the cam was going to jump out of it. It sounded like it was overfuelling the check light came back on and has gone into limp home mode. I ran a fault test and got code 14. I called Lynx who told me to take it to Toyota as theyre unit was fine.
    Now my truck ran fine with the old unit just would not start it without unplugging it. The new unit starts it but runs like a land rover. Have I been ripped again
    And to top it all I have just had an email from an ebayer who says he has one I can have for £80 do I buy another one?
    I am getting desperate now as my blue one is half way through the engine conversion and my red one is fubar. I have no transport, self employed and live in the sticks. Any suggestions
    monstercreations.org.uk

is this for a 2.4 or 3.0 litre.have you done a check for what the codes mean.....they are on here somewhere. also do a search for voltages at the back of the pump. i had a similar issue where it was fuelling/not fuelling.when it over fuelled the voltage at the back of the pump jumped to over 6 volts.... i had to replace the fuel pump eventually as i got a code 12...timer control

edit:

code 14 no igf signal to ecu ??

reading between the lines it may not be the ecu but a signal to it...possible ??
    Last edited by gwh200; 4 November 2008, 19:27.
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
      is this for a 2.4 or 3.0 litre.have you done a check for what the codes mean.....they are on here somewhere. also do a search for voltages at the back of the pump. i had a similar issue where it was fuelling/not fuelling.when it over fuelled the voltage at the back of the pump jumped to over 6 volts.... i had to replace the fuel pump eventually as i got a code 12...timer control
      This is for the 3.0ltr. Code 14 is Valve control. But how come I never had this with the old ecu its only since I put the new one on.
      monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom 18 View Post
        This is for the 3.0ltr. Code 14 is Valve control. But how come I never had this with the old ecu its only since I put the new one on.
        read the above post. i did a search and will post up the list i found (for 3.0 litres)...it might not be the ecu itself but a signal to it ??

try this for the codes

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=24654
        Last edited by gwh200; 4 November 2008, 19:30.
        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Thanks but what does that mean. No IGF signal to the ECU
          monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

maybe a longshot but didnt sumone on here find a place that refurbed ecu's?

Comment

or meet with a local surfer and try swappin ecus?

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                maybe a longshot but didnt sumone on here find a place that refurbed ecu's?
                Yeah Lynx Automotive thats what I just bought a recon unit.
                monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

or meet with a local surfer and try swappin ecus?
                  Thats a good idea, if I knew of one.
                  monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Yeah Lynx Automotive thats what I just bought a recon unit.
                    oh ollocks,ill shut up then

Comment

Thats a good idea, if I knew of one.
                      must be sumone local?

Comment

http://hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/showth...796#post501796

Comment

WHY thank you.
                          monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

WHY thank you.
                            if u dont ask and all that,again another longshot but all yr earths ok?not sure if it applies with yotas but ive been to severalskoda/vw/audis with bad earths to ecu and u get proper disco lights on the dash

Comment

if u dont ask and all that,again another longshot but all yr earths ok?not sure if it applies with yotas but ive been to severalskoda/vw/audis with bad earths to ecu and u get proper disco lights on the dash
                              Nah checked em all theyre fine.
                              monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X