Did Timo Glock win?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Timo Glock win?

18 secs ahead of Hamilton, down to almost stationary 2 corners from the end to allow Lewis 5th place? Anyone else think thats a bit too convenient?

And who did the camera's find chatting to Lewis in Park Ferme after the race? Glock! Hmmmm...

Well done to Lewis though, even though he seemed to be intent on snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Condolences to Filipe, your turn will come.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

I had the same thoughts too, don't you just hate it when it comes down to a fix, what was the point of the race if LH has it handed to him? I found it very exciting until that last few corners, what a shame.
    I'm not a complete idiot.......

My kneecap was removed in 1981

Comment

The whole thing is a fix, it's wrestling in a car IMO
      I Love Wales

Comment

Originally posted by rambling angler View Post
        I had the same thoughts too, don't you just hate it when it comes down to a fix, what was the point of the race if LH has it handed to him? I found it very exciting until that last few corners, what a shame.
        you could say that about the dubious stewards decisions against him earlier in the season.

To stop him running away with it too early on..??

regardless..he deserved the c'ship, although he did almost fluff it, too conservative..should of pushed more from the start IMO

Comment

I can't Comment I live and work too close to a certain underground site in woking.....a man could gewt shot

How could the last two seasons possible be a fix....it's not as so the money was going out of the sport after a few boring seasons aye... ;-)
          Nissan Patrol for on-road, and a Land-Rover 110 shed for off-road :-)

Comment

It's all choriographed and scripted. All previous 'races' are dress rehersals. It's been that way since 2001.

Comment

I'm sure there's something 'odd' gone on. Just watched the highlights

Start of last lap commentary - "Glock's sector times are absolutely fine on dry tyres, all he has to do is tip toe round"

All of a sudden, there's Glock driving slowly and Lewis passing him. I'm sorry, this all looks a little TOO close. Perhaps Bernie has seen the writing on the wall in the years past when one team / driver ran away with it and his profits from TV rights dwindled. Maybe he's gone too far?

What a TV coup? Youngest ever world champion, and the first ever black driver to win a world championship.

Comment

What Glock says..........

from autosport

Glock not aware of championship influence

By Jonathan Noble and Pablo ElizaldeSunday, November 2nd 2008, 22:18 GMT

Timo Glock said he was not aware that he was influencing the championship over the final laps of the Brazilian Grand Prix.
                The Toyota driver was running in fourth place, ahead of Lewis Hamilton, who needed that position in order to secure the title, ahead of the final lap.
                Glock had decided not to pit when the rain began to fall at Interlagos, a decision that put him ahead of Hamilton.
                The German, however, was on dry weather tyres and was unable to keep Hamilton at bay, the Briton going on to pass him at the final corner to win the title.
                Glock admitted he had no idea he was in a position to decide the championship.
                "No, I was concentrating on my race. I didn't know that I was the magic rule in the championship and in the end, I didn't look for that," Glock told reporters after the race.
                "I just tried to do my best, and in the end it was a poker game. We stayed out on dry tyres and for the last lap it was just too much rain for us. We were not unlucky but the poker game did not turn out for us."
                He added: "I really don't know where Lewis overtook me because four cars past me left and right, left and right. I was just concentrating to keep the car on the track. That was the only way.
                "To handover and help Lewis or help Felipe, definitely not. In a race situation like this, you can never plan before and definitely there were no thoughts about that.
                "When you see the laptime, the lap before I did a 1m28, and on that last lap I did a 1m48. It was just not driveable anymore."
                The Toyota driver said he felt sorry for Felipe Massa, but he was sure the Brazilian understands his position.
                "I think he is the guy who understands quite well that I could not do anything different to that what I did at the end of the last lap. I am sorry for him, but in the end the last race is definitely the decider of the championship.
                "But the main point is the 17 races before, and there were more races where Felipe was a bit unlucky and didn't score the points because of technical problems. But in the end, to lose a championship on the last lap is hard - but I tried my best and I cannot change it."
                ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

"Timo Glock said he was not aware that he was influencing the championship over the final laps of the Brazilian Grand Prix"

Does anyone else find that hard to believe???

He knew where he was in the race. He MUST have known where Lewis had to finish to win the World Champs (the rest of the developed world knew)

Bet Ron Dennis was on the moby to him...

"Hi Timo, it's you're old mate Ron..."
                  "Sorry Ron, I'm driving at the moment... hang on, I'll pull over..."

Comment

Of course it was'nt fix. Lets forget about all that BULL! Britain has a WORLD CHAMPION Formula one driver. Good on ya Lewis Two years into the Sport and World Champ I'm proud of him. Good things to come.

Comment

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssss ssssss!

At last the number 1 will not be on a red car next year.

You want to see it on the yahoo boards, everybody banging on about it. Aparently because massa won he should have automatically been champ.

Ok massa drove a good race and was gracious in defeat, but people need to remember in f1 points make prizes
                      Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

you lot are just Soooooo synical....even more than me!!!!!!
                        I just think it would be nice to see a champion and manufacturer presentation at the last venue as well, lets face it they do know who to give it too
                        Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                        Tony

Comment

I Love Wales

Comment

Possibility of a new driver at McLlaren in 2010 Mr Glock?
                            If it aint broke, keep goin' till it is.

Comment

Originally posted by GRASSMAN View Post
                              Possibility of a new driver at McLlaren in 2010 Mr Glock?

I thought that too!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X