A bit of a puzzle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A bit of a puzzle

Have 2 surfs on my drive, mine, and jnr's (both with new heads). Mine is KO, same with jnr's, but it will sometimes push a little water into the expansion tank, it does not get any hotter than normal, and coolant is checked after every longish run, but, the only difference between them, is my v fan is locked up, and his isn't, seems to me that a locked fan pushes more air at lower speeds, and keeps the engine cooler than an open fan. So, how do I lock up the v fan?

We may swap fans over tomoz and see just what happens, any other ideas please?. T.I.A.
    If it aint broke, keep goin' till it is.

You can have mine for a tenner plus post.
    I used it for three years no problems when my truck was a 2.4.

Comment

Hi The expansion bottle is supposed to fill up with the water temp hot and refill the engine when it cools.
      Why would you want a locked up V/fan ???
      They are supposed to supply optimum cooling at all engine speeds, apart from the noise and the increased fuel used a locked fan has been known to shear off and go through the rad.

If it's extra constant cooling your after just take off the plug from the electric fan, this will run a lot cheaper and safer than locking up the V/ fan.

But if it aint broke why fix it ??? D
      IT's not how you get in it . IT's how you get out.

Comment

Thanks guys, yeah I know about the expansion bottle, mine used to fill it but then it would over heat, (new head) his don't, it only puts a small amount in, and the draws back what it needs, but it eventually overflows, My fan has been locked for over three years with no probs to date, I'm just trying to save myself from having to fix it if it does break. If it comes to it, I will fit a spare air con fan to the rad. with a manual switch to help out the v fan.
        If it aint broke, keep goin' till it is.

Comment

Working...
        X