why did i come home from restbite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why did i come home from restbite

whaive been away on restbite n came home for cheyenne's birthday n took the family shopping, then on way back they closed part of a30 off n had to go up slip road n down other side wasnt going fast but got blinded by the sun, n next thing i know cars in front had stopped slapped on brake but shunted the car in front. cheyenne was complaining about her neck, n lady in front was rather shaken, seen police at top n asked them to attend to lady one came down to check n thought i was going fast i explained that i wasnt not with a 8/4 year old in car plus 17 month baby, he called ambulance to check chey n lady n they put lady in neck brace n then on stretcher into ambulance n took her to hospi. i rang insurance to let them know n that i wasnt claiming for my truck n they said i could loose 2 years of my no claims but rang adrian flux this morning to advise them aslo n lady said i prob wont loose my no claims as it protected but my insurance could go up next year because of it. as most know im not the fastest or bravest driver on the forum im normally careful at what i do but ive been awake all night worrying n dont feel like driving again

Will can you post some pics of the damage so i can try to sort out the replacement parts for you
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
      Will can you post some pics of the damage so i can try to sort out the replacement parts for you
      yeah sure rich bonnet managed to go down a bit so hopefully it might be ok i download some m8

Comment

post the pics up and let me know when your coming over

Comment

oh dear will,well atleast u and kids are ok,thats the main thing,and im sure rich will help u with bits

Comment

Accidents happen to us all mate, chin up, you will be fine. I have had a few accidents when i was a wee bit younger and it took for me nearly killing someone and myself to wake up and smell the coffee. But they were cos i was an arse on the road. You will be fine once your over the shock

Comment

here are some pics rich

Comment

been to richards yet?

Comment

Ahhh, that'll polish out mate!

Glad to hear no-one hurt.
                  Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Extra cooling.....

Glad to hear your all ok though.
                    How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

Bad luck Will, But it was an accident and that could have happened to any of us. Not the easiest of things to stop going down hill these surf's.

All that matters is that everyone walked away from it with no serious injuries, and as for the truck, it is repairable and will soon be looking like new.

Comment

Yeah Will, glad your all ok, goes to show tho, they look good but those bars aint worth a toss on impact, prob did more damage than the impact its self,
                        pity about the bonnet mate with the grafics etc on it, (BDT's first airbrush contract perhaps)
                        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

thanks all just a bit shaken still, feel sorry for the woman who's car i ran into as she was taken to hospi ###### sun blinded me n that was it everything went as if slow motion. i spose 2 accidents from since i was 18 till now 47 although i havent always had my own vehicle but company one i spose aint bad for 29 years of driving

Comment

Well the fat batstard came over today to access the damage to his truck.It was worse than we thought from the pics he posted.
                            The bonnet is totally knackered but is still usable at the mo.
                            Both headlights were broken.1 sidelight broken.
                            slam panel top crossmember was bent back but we managed to hitch my truck upto it with a rope and pull the bend out as much as we could in order to put the radiator back in place properly.The bumper was twisted upwards but we managed to get it back in place but where the bullbar hit it it is dented in.
                            The grille was knackered also..
                            we replaced the grille,headlights,sidelight and the bonnet will be replaced at a later date.
                            I'll post some pics up later of it.
                            Just one thing tho.Can someone please make Will some radiator drop brackets please as there wasn't any fitted when his lift was done and he is getting cooling problems with it.If someone can get them to me or Will asap so i can sort the rad out for him it will be appreciated.

Comment

well done that man,did u manage to straighten bull bar?

Comment

Working...
                              X