Lucifer update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lucifer update

Fitted the 5 speed pickup gearbox today. Bolted stright onto the original x memeber after removing a bracket. The only mod needed so far is I need to extend the prop by about 3". Also cut off the old engine mounts and hopefully going to lower the RV8 in tomorrow for its first trial fit.

monstercreations.org.uk

Just had my dinner, now the mrs wants to know why i'm drooling so much!

Alan
    www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

Sweet, can't wait to see the V8 lump in it.
      I'm not a complete idiot.......

My kneecap was removed in 1981

Comment

Correction, Cant wait to HEAR the V8 in it

Comment

just a word of warning mate,dont do what i did and fab up the mount to close to the starter motor,its a pig of a job to do if the starter packs up,especially lying on your back on the plains. looking cool though mate.
          Last edited by surfenstein; 1 November 2008, 19:47.
          www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
            just a word of warning mate,dont do what i did and fab up the mount to close to the starter motor,its a pig of a job to do if the starter packs up,especially lying on your back on the plains. looking cool though mate.
            Cheers Mark hadn't thought of that. Gave it a trial fit today and would you belive it would have bolted straight onto the original mounts if they had been a bit slimmer. Pi$$ed off about the 4 branch headers though, foul the suspension so gonna have to fit standard manifolds.
            monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Looking good mate. Mark, Steve, would any of you happen to be keeping a list of things u have done and bought for the conversion. The reason being is after the year i am gonna do this too as a project, not myself though but with the help of someone who knows mostly what he will be doing, i.e a mechanic. Cheers guys hope you can help, willing to pay a small fee for advicewhen the time comes round

Comment

Originally posted by Cant Get Right View Post
                Looking good mate. Mark, Steve, would any of you happen to be keeping a list of things u have done and bought for the conversion. The reason being is after the year i am gonna do this too as a project, not myself though but with the help of someone who knows mostly what he will be doing, i.e a mechanic. Cheers guys hope you can help, willing to pay a small fee for advicewhen the time comes round
                Most of what I have done is in my head. But I do have plenty of photos. All you need do is ask as I have done ( with Mark) as I go along.
                monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom 18 View Post
                  Most of what I have done is in my head. But I do have plenty of photos. All you need do is ask as I have done ( with Mark) as I go along.
                  Fancy an all expenses paid trip to Scotland

Comment

Originally posted by Cant Get Right View Post
                    Fancy an all expenses paid trip to Scotland
                    Only if its snowing
                    monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom 18 View Post
                      Only if its snowing
                      Im sure i could arrange that, is fake snow ok
                      either that or its a long drive to the hills, well worth it though

Comment

Working...
                      X