Clutch rattle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by roylittle0 View Post
    Pressure plate, bearing, flywheel and clutch fork were all replaced, the noise was there before and after fitting.
    Is it noisy when you're not there?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
      Is it noisy when you're not there?
      I've never been all there, so i don't know i'll have to check when i'm not there next time
      Roy
      When ya stop having fun, Ya start getting old

Comment

Yes, once my foot is pressed down to the floor the noise goes.
        it could be a main shaft or lay shaft bearing in the g/gox or transfer case,does it go when your in top gear?
        www.overfab.uk

Comment

Pressure plate, bearing, flywheel and clutch fork were all replaced, the noise was there before and after fitting.
          you say the noise was there before and after fitting so at a guess i would say as you never said and thats the noise went during the fitting process.
          I would suggest taking it all out again so the noise dissapears again....
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

....and check the heatsheilds on the turbo, exhaust downpipe and next to the brake fluid reservoir are not loose.

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
              it could be a main shaft or lay shaft bearing in the g/gox or transfer case,does it go when your in top gear?
              The engine drowns out most noises. can only hear when stationary
              Roy

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                you say the noise was there before and after fitting so at a guess i would say as you never said and thats the noise went during the fitting process.
                I would suggest taking it all out again so the noise dissapears again....
                Trust me there was more noise when i was replacing the clutch than there is now, like, "look at the state of my drive", "can't you do anything without making a mess", "don't you dare come in the house looking like that" and so on
                Roy

Comment

....and check the heatsheilds on the turbo, exhaust downpipe and next to the brake fluid reservoir are not loose.
                  Hmmmm, it was quieter when i took the cylinder head and turbo off, you may be onto something there.
                  Roy

Comment

Hmmmm, it was quieter when i took the cylinder head and turbo off, you may be onto something there.
                    I'm guessing the engine wasn't running when the cylinder head and turbo were off ?

Comment

I'm guessing the engine wasn't running when the cylinder head and turbo were off ?
                      It wasn't running when i first put the s**ing thing back on again, either
                      Roy

Comment

I've never been all there, so i don't know i'll have to check when i'm not there next time
                        Ha ha ha love it - I have one too - been like that for 2 years. Had everything off or out when replacing the gearbox an they can't find anything. I am just going to wait until whatever it is gives up the ghost.
                        How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

check for a bracket between gearbox/transfer box or crossmeber- there is one on drivers side - it was snapped on my truck and created a hell of a rattle
                          Landcruiser Colorado
                          Sub. Forester

Comment

Originally posted by andycook View Post
                            check for a bracket between gearbox/transfer box or crossmeber- there is one on drivers side - it was snapped on my truck and created a hell of a rattle
                            When i fitted the solid flywheel and clutch i checked all the brackets and fitted all new nuts and bolts, but ill check again this weekend, when she is up in the air.
                            Roy

Comment

Working...
                            X