White Dials Fitted Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Dials Fitted Today

Got the white dials fitted today and they look fantastic lit up!

I have to say though that fitting them is a major pain in the ar5e. I'm not reknowned for my patience when working on cars and this had my head done in.

It's just so fiddley, and removing the dash was a nightmare! I couldn't release the left hand side of the dash for some reason and couldn't, for the life of me, see what was holding it in place!

I ended up with the dash twisted to one side (not recommended) while trying to remove the instrument cluster. If I had universal joints instead of wrists it may have been easier!

Anyhoo, here's a couple of pics.

The kit should come with a health warning -'Fitting not recommended by anyone with a quick temper'!
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Welcome to the ilusive white dial club!!

Look great with a wooden steering wheel.

Sometimes i almost think im driving my Bentley instead of the Surf!

Ok, the bently thing is a lie! But they do look good with a wooden wheel!

Comment

At least I'll be able to see how fast I'm going in the dark now!

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
        At least I'll be able to see how fast I'm going in the dark now!

Where did you mount the adjustable switch?

Comment

Looks Great!

Does anyone happen to know if these are made with the Km/h dial being the prominent one? I like the white face, but changing the dial from kph to mph when everything here is in km would be kinda backwards!
          Looking for a 1993 Surf 3.0TD in MB, Canada. HELP!

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post

Where did you mount the adjustable switch?
            Erm, I have a confession to make Rod, I got that p1ssed off that for the moment it is hidden behind one of the dash panels!

Comment

looking good,wait till u try it in the dark!,ps i think the wood is a "each to his own type thing",my steering wheel was gone within 72 hrs of getting the truck lol,ps have u made sure needles dont stick yet?

Comment

Erm, I have a confession to make Rod, I got that p1ssed off that for the moment it is hidden behind one of the dash panels!

Hahaha!! thats where mine was 'fitted'.

Comment

I hate you second gen people.
                  I want the white dials, why don't they do them for the third gen.
                  gggggggggggeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrr rrrr.
                  If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

lolol u will want to find it cause at full brightness it will nigh on blind u at night lol,trust me,me and popeye just snuck mine out of the side of steering colum

Comment

I just ran the cable out between the dash and the steering wheel cowling thing an screwed it in front of the blank for the manual choke.
                      Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                      looking good,wait till u try it in the dark!,ps i think the wood is a "each to his own type thing",my steering wheel was gone within 72 hrs of getting the truck lol,ps have u made sure needles dont stick yet?
                      I wanted rid of the wooden wheel at first.. but its grown on me!

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
                        I hate you second gen people.
                        I want the white dials, why don't they do them for the third gen.
                        gggggggggggeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrr rrrr.
                        If you can get a minimum order of at least 10 (3rd geners) and supply a set of dials as a pattern, http://www.streetracerparts.com/Glow_Gauges_s/23.htm will manufacture some.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                          If you can get a minimum order of at least 10 (3rd geners) and supply a set of dials as a pattern, http://www.streetracerparts.com/Glow_Gauges_s/23.htm will manufacture some.
                          Feel a bit better now, cheers mate
                          If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by joedude View Post
                            Looks Great!

Does anyone happen to know if these are made with the Km/h dial being the prominent one? I like the white face, but changing the dial from kph to mph when everything here is in km would be kinda backwards!
                            Not sure but i remember a member (hehe) on here was getting some bulk orders together and i'm sure he got em from the states so you might want to check out Yotatec or us ebay etc,
                            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Looks good Jim, real improvement over the cr@p original lighting, if i had'nt have done me leds stuff i'd have fitted them, as for the switch the other colour aint so good so you prob wont use the switch anyway
                              Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
                              X