Members Rigs section

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Members Rigs section

I have recoded all the pages in the members rigs section to remove some possible security holes and also to tidy up the code. The main other advantage is that some of the redirects have changed whihc should make it easier to load up your rig and add photos. It follows a more logical path now.

The security holes have been plugged due to now using the cookies generated by Vbulletin when you log onto the site - either through the main frontpage or through the forum. Your user ID or name does now not get shown in the url bar and the script prohibits the running of anything put in the URL bar except the url of the script (should catch any cross site scripting (XSS) attempts at running malitious code).

So in brief the way to add your rig is as follows:

Add your rig (the button will appear on any of the main display pages for the section but only if you are logged in). You add the rig by filling out the form and clicking submit. Once it is submitted OK then you will be taken to the edit your rig page which will show any text description and the category of vehicle you have entered.

Once at the Edit your rig page you can click "add picture" which will take you to another form where you can upload a picture from your PC. The short description box is for text that will show when someone hovers over the thumbnail picture with the cursor (clicking the thumbnail opens the full picture).

You can add as many pictures as you like.

From any of the view screens for the members rigs section, you can click edit my rig which will take you back to the edit your rig screen.

The edit screen also gives the option to edit the text, add more pictures or delete pictures. You can also delete your whole rig - PLEASE DELETE THE PICTURES FIRST - this will not automatically delete the pictures, they just won't show any more and will take up disk space for no value.

Hope this all proves a bit more reliable. Any problems drop me a PM.
    Last edited by Koi; 12 June 2012, 07:35.

Hi there, i am new to the forum and I am trying to add further pictures to my rigs section, it has accepted one pic but this comes up if i try to add more.

Not Found
    The requested URL /docs/rides/538_1641. was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.2.15 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.15 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.8.8 Server at www.hiluxsurf.co.uk Port 80

Brilliant site by the way, I appreciate all the help.

Tony .

P.S. I think this might be important, If i try to access Hiluxsurf.co.uk directly for your home page from google a message comes up every time saying that my computer is heavily infected. The only safe way to acces this site is use the link directly to Hiluxsurf.co.uk/forum...

Again thaks a million. T
    Its all about the journey not the destination.

Comment

Its ok I got the rigs thing sorted, I renamed all the pics in file on my pooter.

The other thing still happens though.

Cheers Tony.
      Its all about the journey not the destination.

Comment

to be or not to be

Hi guys, i have a surf with lots spent on it. A kzn130 with new old man emu suspension safari snorkel steel wheels with cooper st rubber. it's used all the time for pay and play and alning but now it's starting to cost. the 4x4 selection has gone again, so has the aircon rear tailgate window and the rocker cover gasget. My point is that i think buying a well looked after surf and using mine as a doner vehicle for parts would seem sensible. Or is this wishful thinking. A replacement vehicle say £2500 plus the cost of swapping my parts would be much more costly than a day in the garage fixing up mine. Then again i have amanual and having tested an auto would prefer the auto. See what i mean?

FourSix

Comment

Originally posted by FourSix View Post
          Hi guys, i have a surf with lots spent on it. A kzn130 with new old man emu suspension safari snorkel steel wheels with cooper st rubber. it's used all the time for pay and play and alning but now it's starting to cost. the 4x4 selection has gone again, so has the aircon rear tailgate window and the rocker cover gasget. My point is that i think buying a well looked after surf and using mine as a doner vehicle for parts would seem sensible. Or is this wishful thinking. A replacement vehicle say £2500 plus the cost of swapping my parts would be much more costly than a day in the garage fixing up mine. Then again i have amanual and having tested an auto would prefer the auto. See what i mean?

FourSix
          Hi richard, try posting in the general section so members can see your post.

Cheers Si.
          If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

currently nothing at present Surf wise hope to be back soon something less than 10 years old would be good
            www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

Working...
            X