33's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 33's

Sorry to press a point but can i clear up a few basic questions, am i right in thinking,
    33" tyres are actually 2" bigger than 31" tyres? might sound a silly question but in case i'm missing summat,
    also what exactly is the minimum lift so they dont rub and am i right in thinking it is just the front that requires this extra lift as looking at the rear there would appear plenty of room for a larger tyre, if it's as i think rodleach said 4" on the front (2" body and 2" sus,)
    if thats the case then and if i'm prepaired to cut away/alter the inner arch where the tyres will foul with just my 2" body lift will this work or do they fouls in other area's as well. ta
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Well i had my 33's fitted about 4 hours ago, and one of the fronts rubs slightly on full lock over light bumps, but just where the mud guard is attached. but surely it'll rub loads offroad.

i've got a 2" body lift, and gonna put the +2" springs from roughtrax on and crank up the torsion bars on the weekend.

it looks ###### brill though!

maxxis buckshot mudders. cost me £340 fitted in the end. bit of road noise, but then again i was running slicks before.

only done 4 miles in them so far. hope to give a full opinion in a few weeks.

basically do a little lift and go for 33's if only for the look (but it does seem a little harder to get going and stop!)

Martin
    Just trying to raise my postcount!

Comment

If you modify the arches and wind out the steering stops an maybe even lower the bump stops so the suspension can no longer shove the wheel right up into the arch then you should be ok.

A 33" tyre is 2" taller then a 31" when placed side by side, But its only an inch all around the tyre.

so, if you had a 1" thick bit of wood an ran that around the tyre thats what you'd be looking at.

Comment

Cheer's guys, that confirms wot i thought, pic's martin?

Comment

Exactly what I woz thinking Ian ...

There's always a Payback .... Ya won't ever see it Comin tho !!!!
          Last edited by Diezel Weazel; 22 October 2008, 22:36.
          Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by Diezel Weazel View Post
            Exactly what I woz thinking Ian ...
            http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/at...4&d=1224693512

There's always a Payback .... Ya won't ever see it Comin tho !!!!
            Getting an invalid thingy on that link jess!

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
              Getting an invalid thingy on that link jess!
              Yep, me too!
              'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

ian lets be honest,u have a real bee in yr bonnet about 33's so just get them lol,jeez u have fitted an air step to your truck,amoungst hundreds of other things,if theres a man who i'd guess could "modify"the inner arches to accept them it's you,have some belief in your skills

Comment

just need moral support mate, think it'll def be 33's, see wots about for the money (when i get it, this guy aint too talkative)

Comment

just need moral support mate, think it'll def be 33's, see wots about for the money (when i get it, this guy aint too talkative)
                    on a side note if all goes well tomorow may have secured an 80ft by 30ft workshop with a pit the length of a coach!

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                      on a side note if all goes well tomorow may have secured an 80ft by 30ft workshop with a pit the length of a coach!
                      Can i have it!?!

Please... i really want a workshop!!

Comment

Sweet!! cant beat a pit, not near me i suppose?

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
                          Can i have it!?!

Please... i really want a workshop!!
                          Sweet!! cant beat a pit, not near me i suppose?
                          both more than welcome,although u have a pit ian lol,and no its near me lol!,forgot to mention thats the main workshop,small one at rear too,oh and parking out the front,just hope it comes off,waiting for a call tomorow

Comment

Working...
                          X