@Apache

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @Apache

Can u do me a stick on Reg Plate for the front o my truck. Remember someone posted about doing them but cant mind if it was you. even if it wasnt can u do one for me? PPPPLLLLLEEEAAAASSSEEEE

Not wanting to start a rant here, but the law states that you must be a registed number plate maker, registered with the DVLA, and all plates used everyday on the road must have BSAU145d displayed on them - if this is not on there, you are likely to fail the MOT.

There may be a way around this if you keep your regular plastic plate, and have the bonnet mounted vinyl one as well, so when offroad you can take the plastic one off - but, given that the green lanes are legal roads, the standard road rules apply - but you'll hardly find the police waiting for you on a lane.

I'd recommend that you look up the law on making plates that would be your only plate on the front - they have to be made by someone registered with DVLA, and they must have the makers information and BS registration on them.
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer View Post
      Not wanting to start a rant here, but the law states that you must be a registed number plate maker, registered with the DVLA, and all plates used everyday on the road must have BSAU145d displayed on them - if this is not on there, you are likely to fail the MOT.

There may be a way around this if you keep your regular plastic plate, and have the bonnet mounted vinyl one as well, so when offroad you can take the plastic one off - but, given that the green lanes are legal roads, the standard road rules apply - but you'll hardly find the police waiting for you on a lane.

I'd recommend that you look up the law on making plates that would be your only plate on the front - they have to be made by someone registered with DVLA, and they must have the makers information and BS registration on them.
      get back to work, mattf's protege' you have to much time on your hands.......................
      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

It's a second plate for better visibility - thats all, incase the plastic one gets knocked off offroad as seems to happen frequently.

Sounds like protectionism to me. Where's the difference between a stick on plate that I make, using the correct typeface, and the correct spacing etc, and the exact same plate made in the same way with a few markings on to say you paid your pound of flesh to HM Govt.

If people want them, I'll make them, but like I said when I first offered one, I'm not sure of the legality so its down to you to make the proper arrangements for your MOT.

I agree with Gra, get back to work you layabout!
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Don't want to see you go down mate....... not like that... oh forget it

Mail them out with a disclaimer....

Comment

Don't want to see you go down mate....... not like that... oh forget it

Mail them out with a disclaimer....
            as in " warning..using this plate for your mot may result in your premature beasting in the showers by a man called pliers"

good marketing ploy !!
            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

sold as show plates only ,
              its meant to stop car ringers
              Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by joker?? View Post
                sold as show plates only ,
                its meant to stop car ringers
                Wouldn't have thought its an issue then as I only do them for the front. Still got to get a rear one from the 'legit' goons at Halfrauds (there's an oxymoron if I ever heard one - 'legit Halfords')

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                  It's a second plate for better visibility - thats all, incase the plastic one gets knocked off offroad as seems to happen frequently.

Sounds like protectionism to me. Where's the difference between a stick on plate that I make, using the correct typeface, and the correct spacing etc, and the exact same plate made in the same way with a few markings on to say you paid your pound of flesh to HM Govt.

If people want them, I'll make them, but like I said when I first offered one, I'm not sure of the legality so its down to you to make the proper arrangements for your MOT.

I agree with Gra, get back to work you layabout!
                  Looks like al need to fork out for another plastic plate, Yes the other one fell off whilst off roading, its lying at the bottom of a big muddy puddle,thats what i get for using sticky pads. Dont wanna get anyone into trouble by using it as my main plate. Cheers for the info guys

Comment

Thats it...

No food for the kids tonight then...

Cheers Mudsurfer!

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                      Thats it...

No food for the kids tonight then...

Cheers Mudsurfer!

Hey - it's better than being an after dinner treat for 'Angry Len' in the big house.....or 'Slippery Steve's' new lufer!

Try these mate - wholesome and nutricious, and only 7p
                      Attached Files

Comment

hmmmmm beats happy shopper hands down
                        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

I'm only 95% sure on this, but I think the 'Registered plate monkey' rule only applies in Ingurland and Wales, not Scotland. So long as it's reflective and the right size, it's legal up here.
                          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Cheers for that Andy (Albanach) Andy (Apache) how much for a sticky plate then?

Comment

you can register to legally make plates for £45...

doesn't really help with stickers though!... d'oh!
                              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
                              X