wot size tyres do u use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wot size tyres do u use?

cant go into to much detail at the mo but could u guys tell me wot sort of size tyres you guys use?and your prefered make?im guessin bfg at
    long story short is,slim chance maybe going into business selling tyres,so im lookin for most popular size to start with cheers
    edit could u also put wot u would be willing to pay for said tyres(plz sensible answers only)
    Last edited by darkdezigns; 18 October 2008, 20:56.

275/70/16 on a 3 gen
    265/75/16 on the frontera
    205/60/15 on the peugeot van
    all on std suspension setup

sorry

good luck
    Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

cheers keep them coming

Comment

265/70/15 Nexen a/t great road budget tyre for only 55 squid fitted an balanced. good wet weather grip for the back end, quiet running an good braking.
        IT's not how you get in it . IT's how you get out.

Comment

31 x 10.5 x 15 Fulda at. Havnt a clue how much they cost but they last a while, been on the truck for 5 years...

Comment

If you do i'll come work for ya!!

If you do it! DONT FORGET LAND ROVER SIZES!!

the 7.50r16's an 235/75/16 etc

You'll probably make more money off land rover tyres then anything else 4x4 related.

Comment

BFG's 31x10.5x15 AT's. They're brilliant tyres. As you no doubt know I am busy looking for a set 33x12.5x15 tyres, prfereably BFG again, but they are expensive, Kumho as a mid price and Maxxis as a budget.

I reckon if you check the Camskill website http://www.camskill.co.uk/index.php you will get a good idea regarding prices as they seem to be one of the cheapest.

Good luck if you do go into the business mate.
              'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

I'm surprised that nobody's mentioned General Grabber AT2's yet - they're supposed to have the performance of BFG's with slightly less longevity. The prices I got the other week showed them to be about £30 a corner cheaper than BFG's

Micheldever prices for 5 fitted, balanced etc:

BFG AT - £593.90

GG AT2 - £450.37

Last edited by Predictable Bob; 19 October 2008, 09:46.
                Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob View Post

I'm surprised that nobody's mentioned General Grabber AT2's yet - they're supposed to have the performance of BFG's with slightly less longevity. The prices I got the other week showed them to be about £30 a corner cheaper than BFG's

BFG AT - £593.90

GG AT2 - £450.37

It is quite a difference over 5 tyres, i do like the bfg's and their probably the best but for a low milage user like me a cheaper tyre will do i think.
                  Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

BFG AT - £593.90

GG AT2 - £450.37

to give u a rough idea those bfg's with me(if it all works out) for 5 would be similar price to gg's
                    and to give u an idea/reason behind this is,i would/will be starting with very little capital,and i have to buy in bulk,so i need to know i can sell enough to cover costs to start with

Comment

Sounds brilliant to me - I'd be up for a set of BFG's at GG prices !

Any idea when you'd be up and running ? I've got a bit left in the existing tyres but we're expecting to change them before Christmas

I'm using the standard 3rd Gen 265/70/16 but I reckon I can get 265/75/16's on with no problem

Good luck !

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Sounds brilliant to me - I'd be up for a set of BFG's at GG prices !

Any idea when you'd be up and running ? I've got a bit left in the existing tyres but we're expecting to change them before Christmas

I'm using the standard 3rd Gen 265/70/16 but I reckon I can get 265/75/16's on with no problem

Good luck !

well hopefully in the next 2/3 weeks just a bit of a juggling act at the mo,i'm gonna need def orders on tyres ie,maybe 3 sets of 4 or 5 in each size so i know i can cover costs

Comment

I'm currently looking at prices for 33 inch 12.50 on 15" rims (rims included) mud terrain tyres with wheels at the moment. I'm about to fit a 2" body lift to fit 33's underneath. If you were doing those sorts of prices I'd have them off you if you did BFG muds in 33". Anything to help s fellow smurfer and you can't argue at those prices.

I'm currently on 265/70/15 colways AT's with the BFG tread. (Colway now gone bust).
                          I've heard good things about the insa's and the new Kuhmo's too.
                          Member of the 115,000k club

Comment

Originally posted by PC-Surf View Post
                            I'm currently looking at prices for 33 inch 12.50 on 15" rims (rims included) mud terrain tyres with wheels at the moment. I'm about to fit a 2" body lift to fit 33's underneath. If you were doing those sorts of prices I'd have them off you if you did BFG muds in 33". Anything to help s fellow smurfer and you can't argue at those prices.

I'm currently on 265/70/15 colways AT's with the BFG tread. (Colway now gone bust).
                            I've heard good things about the insa's and the new Kuhmo's too.
                            ty and noted

Comment

Any news on your new venture yet?
                              I'm getting closer to buying some 33" BFG muds. Gonna try and do the body lift end of this week. Then will be ready for them. Would rather cross a forum members palm with beer tokens than a larger company.
                              Member of the 115,000k club

Comment

Working...
                              X