Rodleach &anyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rodleach &anyone

Hi mate, sorry to poo in your ear again but the more i look the more confused i get, firstly the link below, are these tyres any good, not nessiserly the one on the link but he's selling different ones, "insa" dont think hes doing any 33's but dould be wrong, if you have any similar/better links i'd be glad to know, i know these are "off road" but as i said i dont do high milage and my trucks noisy enough (he does say their ok on the road as well and legal) plus i want to do some off road at some point, srtts which i've missed twice for instance,
    secondly sizes, you said 33"'s are 305/70/16 or 285/75/16, is 16 the rim size or will thay fit my 15", still undecieded on 33's or keep with 31"'s or even 32"'s if they exist, i need to see what hight restrictions i have in the garage, think it's about 3-4" above my roof lights etc,
    lastly (for now) i added the lable that was stuck on the inside rim, (only one that the printing survived), not to clear but it says, pass your gaurantee of top notch quality size 15X 8.0JJ, pdc--139.7, off 0,
    so looks like 8" rims but i'd have guessed 10", short of removeing the tyre i dunno, however you reccon there's no probs fitting a fatter tyre on em?
    if i find a set i like would you mine me asking your opinion on em Rod,
    cheers ian
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=370089600202
    Attached Files
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

poo in my ear anytime lol,the tyres u linked to would fit,but before u buy,when do u need them?see my thread on tyre sizes oh yes that means your wheels are 8 inches

Comment

The 8JJ is the width and shape of the rim, jj refers to the shape, don't really need to worry about it. the 8 bit is width in inches.

So they're 8" wide rims.

12.50 tyres should be ok on them, wouldn't want to go any wider.

Insa turbo 'mountains' is what i run on the road, and i've had no problems, they also do a 50/50 AT pattern called 'ranger' which may suit your needs better. But both only go up to 31x10.50x15 in 15" sizes though.

I paid £270 fully fitted for my mountains from a local tyre centre i found on www.4site4x4.co.uk , if it comes up with somewhere you don't like and you don't mind travelling find a postcode a few mile down the road, which is what i did.

You'll need 16" rims for 305/70/16s or 285/75/16s
      =========
      =SOLD UP!=
      =========

Comment

Thanks for the relpys, so it looks like i'll have to stick with 31's as i dont want to change the rims, not after all that polishing BD i'll give you and rod a shout should i come accross any i fancy for size wise etc, these insa's do look good tho, thanks for the link Nero, just had a look and they have a branch near me in fareham, excellent mate!! all i need now is MONEY
        Last edited by POPEYE; 18 October 2008, 21:27.

Comment

32"s are available in some makes Ian.

Comment

i have these on my frontera and they are noisier than the stereo but grip like s... to a blanket

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...&category=9891
            Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

What about 33x10.5's?
              They would be perfect for an 8" rim
              Ebay search item 230357761354 !

Comment

Hello mate!

Basically a 33x12.50r15 is the same size as a 305/70/16

Difference being the former is for a 15" rim.

8" rims will take 33x12.50's no problems mate.

If Boyo can run 12.50 wide tyres on a set of 7" rims an not pop a tyre off the rim then i'd hazard a guess that hardly anyone would have issues with a 12.50 wide tyre on an 8" wide rim.

As for what tyre, that depends on your budget.

B.F.Goodrich are THE best. There expensive but your getting great value for money with a fantastic lifetime on the tyre plus its abilitys in mud and on rocks etc.

Goodyear do a Wrangler MT which is more Rock based But handles mud well, With its slighty narrower channels in the tread its not bad when it comes to road manners.

Insa turbo as far as im aware dont have any 33x12.50's in there range however they are pretty much replicas of existing makes. So if you found a tread pattern you liked, Im sure it would be available in 33x12.50 by the original manufacturer.

For looks, Mickey Thompson with its radial Baja Claw is a strong contender with half decent life. With the crown of awesome looking tyres falling to Interco.

Makers of the infamous Bogger an Thornbird!! But they need BIG money!! an last for about 10 minutes!!

Whatever, AVOID Bias tyres mate.

There construction will cause flat spots in the tyre which wont 'pop' back out till the tyres are warm. If your doing short journeys alot you'll really regret it.

So, You want a Radial tyre in 33x12.50.

I'd look into these

http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.p...6b0s1676p21575
                The Hankooks are probably a half decent choice. Mid range price for that kind of tyre.

Maxxis buckshot mudders are a decent budget tyre,
                http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.p...6b0s1676p13068
                Fairly open pattern which will be a sh!t in the wet but great for self cleaning with mud/stones etc.

General grabber http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.p...6b0s1676p11259

All-terrain so, Pretty much expect what your getting now from your bfgs.
                Will handle mud/wet roads etc with no majour dramas.

Finally - http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.p...6b0s1676p11211

The BFG!! It is THE best you can get. Costly but in my opinion worth it!!

If you want to speak to me on the phone or anything to clear any of the above cr*p up! Pm me an i'll sort you out with my number!!

Comment

Thanks for the info Rod really apprecieate that, not quite decieded as to wether to go for 33's or 31 (32?) need to check amount of extra lift i'll need against the clearance left in the garage, dont really want to have to leave it outside round here, think i have around 3-4 inches spare but it'll be tight, i'm prepaired to beat/alter the bits of arch they foul on but if i need too much lift i'll have to stay at 31's, my worn 31" front bfg's just catch the flap bolt on full lock (with my missis in there, ok on my own)sorry love

Thanks for the link Mudskipper, pity those 265's are 16" might email the guy see if he does owt in 15", and will wait and see what BD has tyre wise, no big rush, think it'll be off the road for a short while anyway cheers guys

Comment

Looking at the photos you posted yesterday I would have thought you had 10" rims Ian, they looked massive. I thought I was on a winner when I found out my 31x10.5x15 tyres were pracically level with the edge of my rims, but after taking a wheel off I found mine were also stamped up 15x8JJ!

On reading some of the other guys 'expert' comments I take it that the wider the gap in the tread the more road noise you get from some mud tyres?

Do I also understand it correctly, that because of the wide and deep tread pattern, they don't grip tarmac very well in the wet?

Rod, you are definately an aficionado of tyres mate!
                    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by nero279 View Post
                      The 8JJ is the width and shape of the rim, jj refers to the shape, don't really need to worry about it. the 8 bit is width in inches.

So they're 8" wide rims.

12.50 tyres should be ok on them, wouldn't want to go any wider.

Insa turbo 'mountains' is what i run on the road, and i've had no problems, they also do a 50/50 AT pattern called 'ranger' which may suit your needs better. But both only go up to 31x10.50x15 in 15" sizes though.

I paid £270 fully fitted for my mountains from a local tyre centre i found on www.4site4x4.co.uk , if it comes up with somewhere you don't like and you don't mind travelling find a postcode a few mile down the road, which is what i did.

You'll need 16" rims for 305/70/16s or 285/75/16s
                      i have the insa ranger in 265 70 16 so they do a 16" one they are a good tyre. got mine from AJAYS 4X4 tyres in cheam fitted for 61.00 each.
                      SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Yeah! i'd have put money on em being 10" Jim, still at least we can fit a wide tyre on em, as for the noise/handleing etc i think thats the case, the nobblyier the tyre the more noise and less grip, but haveing said that i dont do fast and noise aint a prob, plus low milage and they should last

Pity they dont do an insa 265x70x15

Comment

as mileage and noise isnt a concern ian...i reckon yours would look mustard on some kuhmo kl71's
                          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                            Thanks for the info Rod really apprecieate that, not quite decieded as to wether to go for 33's or 31 (32?) need to check amount of extra lift i'll need against the clearance left in the garage,
                            You could look into 32x11.50 if you wanted bigger but are restricted because of the height mate.

However with the offset of your wheels you may struggle to run anything wider then a 10.50 without adding to the lift by at least an inch.

Stein might be able to make some 1" coil spacers an ball joint spacers if you wanted a small increase.

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
                            On reading some of the other guys 'expert' comments I take it that the wider the gap in the tread the more road noise you get from some mud tyres?

Do I also understand it correctly, that because of the wide and deep tread pattern, they don't grip tarmac very well in the wet?

Rod, you are definately an aficionado of tyres mate!
                            Cheers mate! Spent a lot of time researching them!

An yeah, The grip levels drop because there is less rubber on the tarmac. However its important for a Mud terrain to have wide, thick tread so that it self cleans.

Once a Mud terrain is full of mud! It's the same as being on racing slicks on the mud! Just no grip at all.

Comment

Cheers Rod, ok 32x11x.50, sounds an odd size mate, what would that be in
                              metric? i assume those sizes are metric, i guess i can afford a couple of inches in lift and still get it in the garage

Comment

Working...
                              X